Re:Emmons

  • cseerwin
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2005
      Hello I am searchng for any info on Emmons surname. My grandfather was
      Isom Nathaniel Emmons, born in Mississippi and died in Louisiana. Thanks
    • jbaconsr
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2005
        According to a tree posted on Ancestry, Isom's parents were Henry
        Frank Emmons and Mary Ann Jemimi Tillman. He married Myrtle Etta
        Goolsby.
        In 1930 MS Newton County Beat 4:
        Frank Emmons male white age 64 married@ 25 born MS father born MS
        mother born MS
        Jemima wife age 58 m@19 MS MS MS
        Nellis M daughter age 27 single
        Jesse L son age 25 s
        Myrtle daughter age 22 s

        1920 MS Scott county Beat 3
        Isan Emmons head male white age 24 MS MS MS
        Myrtle wife age 26 MS MS MS
        Orra daughter age 5 single
        Lucile daughter age 4 1/12 s
        Louise daghter age 1 9/12 s

        1910 MS Newton co. 4-Bt.
        Frank H. Emmons head male white age 43 married once for 19 yrs MS MS
        MS
        Mary A. wife age 39 m1 19 6 children born 6 living MS MS MS
        Isum N. son age 18 single
        James A. son age 16 s
        Dewey F. son age 11 s
        Nettie M. daughter age 8 s
        Jesse L. son age 6 s
        Ellis M. son age 2 s

        According to the WWI draft registration cards, Isom Nathaniel Emmons
        was born 11/11/1892 in Lake MS Newton county. In 1917 ,he was living
        in Union MS with a wife and two children.
        I have not located Frank yet in 1880 or 1870, although he should
        have been in MS somewhere.
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "cseerwin"
        <connieerwin50@m...> wrote:

        > Hello I am searchng for any info on Emmons surname. My grandfather
        was
        > Isom Nathaniel Emmons, born in Mississippi and died in Louisiana.
        Thanks

      • Connie Erwin
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 22, 2005
          Thank You so very much for taking the time to find this info for me. I am
          very grateful for the time and effort on your part.

          Thanks Again,

          Connie Emmons Erwin