I need help searching for divorces

  • lostdaisy04012000
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2005
      Can anyone let me know how to go about searching for divorces. My
      great grandmother was married many times and we'd like to know the
      dates/circumstances, etc...

      I'm from Canada and can't travel to the court house. Who do I
      contact? Can I get someone at the courthouse to search? Do I need to
      know the dates (I have names)?

      Any help trying to figure out what to do next would be greatly
      appreciated. Thank you.
    • Cassandra
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
        If you know the state, county then you can check the internet, to see if
        that court house has any info on them, if not then write to the court
        house probate clerk, Just a short letter stating what you are looking
        for and what you want.
        I always ask for the cost and I send a self stamp addressed envelope.
        Some time they will send the documents and a bill and then some times
        they will sent a bill and I will remit and they will sent the papers.
        Good Luck in your search. I find that writing court house is very easy
        and the people are very nice. Just don't make your letter to long,
        short and to the point.

        Cassandra

        Can anyone let me know how to go about searching for divorces. My
        great grandmother was married many times and we'd like to know the
        dates/circumstances, etc...

        I'm from Canada and can't travel to the court house. Who do I
        contact? Can I get someone at the courthouse to search? Do I need to
        know the dates (I have names)?

        Any help trying to figure out what to do next would be greatly
        appreciated. Thank you.

        http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
        <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>
        &siteid=18621718

        General
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=General+liability&w1=General+liabil
        ity&w2=American+generals&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Genealogy+research&w5=Ge
        nealogy+family+tree&w6=Genealogy+information&c=6&s=146&.sig=Wey-f6DcO0EY
        UcNtMwqZQg> liability
        American
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=American+generals&w1=General+liabil
        ity&w2=American+generals&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Genealogy+research&w5=Ge
        nealogy+family+tree&w6=Genealogy+information&c=6&s=146&.sig=u72bh5z7q9dp
        ynt1dI-6Tw> generals
        Family
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+genealogy&w1=General+liabili
        ty&w2=American+generals&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Genealogy+research&w5=Gen
        ealogy+family+tree&w6=Genealogy+information&c=6&s=146&.sig=NdRgnUuIo-MpP
        tmipBOb5g> genealogy

        Genealogy
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+research&w1=General+liabi
        lity&w2=American+generals&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Genealogy+research&w5=G
        enealogy+family+tree&w6=Genealogy+information&c=6&s=146&.sig=ToNqrgMYVs_
        8Tg-53APPhw> research
        Genealogy
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=General+li
        ability&w2=American+generals&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Genealogy+research&w
        5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Genealogy+information&c=6&s=146&.sig=uMNt5wze
        sT-FdfwAE6xpFA> family tree
        Genealogy
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+information&w1=General+li
        ability&w2=American+generals&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Genealogy+research&w
        5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Genealogy+information&c=6&s=146&.sig=K55Fw8UC
        v7oXpcfx3Pnsig> information

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "genealogyresearchclub
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genealogyresearchclub> " on the web.

        cribe>

        _____

      • Mary Lou
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
          Coincidently a friend of mine sent me this url
          maybe this will help you as well?

          http://www.courthousedirect.com/TexasDivorceSearch.asp

          Go to this site and pick a state........I hope this helps.

          And this one http://www.records.com/

          Mary Lou