Re: Afro-Am marriage

  • Vicki
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
      This site might not be of help for your particular question on the
      marriages but it has a lot of info-- http://www.afrigeneas.com/

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, runningdeer1011@w... wrote:
      > Are there any web sites for looking up marriages during pre-Civil
      > War,Civil War and Reconstruction eras?I'm looking for a marriage of a
      > Henry to a Shade or vice versa.Please let me know of any possibilities
      > particularily the mid 1800's.
      > Robert
    • dragonfly_summers
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
        wrote:

        > Are there any web sites for looking up marriages during pre-Civil
        > War,Civil War and Reconstruction eras?I'm looking for a marriage of a
        > Henry to a Shade or vice versa.Please let me know of any possibilities
        > particularily the mid 1800's.
        > Robert

        Here are a couple I have used in the past:

        Check the links on left and right of page also:

        http://www.genealinks.com/africanamerican.htm

        Has some mid 1800's records:

        http://freedmensbureau.com/

        Also, depending on which state you are researching, you may find
        records for that specific state.

        Cheers,

        Chris