Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Schouw/Ruiter

  • M..C.Koster
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
      Thank you for your reaction. My dutch is fine. But I look for Dirk Schouw
      and that is without van der. And Johanna Ruiter should be born in December
      1862. Sorry for the incomplete information.

      Mar Koster.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
        Since she was born in 1862, this is obviously the wrong marriage
        record for them. I searched the FamilySearch.org website and did not
        find any matches. I have also searched the 1900 Census for Michigan
        for this family with no avail and ancestry.com does not have a record
        for the correct Dirk Schouw.

        Are you searching from the US or the Netherlands? I am in the US but
        I am searching for Talsma and de Vries in Friesland. I have located
        about 6 generations back. My husband's grandmother is the immigrant.

        Tina
      • M..C.Koster
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
          I know. I'm dutch and am looking for some vanished family members with an
          other member of the same ancestor who lives in the United States. She does
          the American side, I do the Dutch as far as possible.
          Gen Lias I know of course. And many others as well.
          The Dirk Schouw I'm searching was born in Enkhuizen the Netherlands in 1858.
          He went for the U.S. in 1883. My American contact is a descendent of his
          mother. So she is just asger to find a trace of him.
          She came with the information Johanna Ruiter who has to be born in Medemblik
          the Netherlands and with the baptism of their eldest son Jan. But they have
          to be married somewhere and we don't know where.
          In the Netherlands I searched the Schouw family till the beginning of 1700.

          Mar.