Schouw/Ruiter

  • ramretsok2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hello,

      I'm looking for a marriage between Dirk Schouw (born in Enkhuizen the
      Netherlands) and Johanna (de) Ruiter probably born in Medemblik (the
      Netherlands).
      They had a child (Jan) baptized on May 11, 1884 in Detroit Michigan.
      Who can and/or is willing to help me?

      Mar Koster.
    • Tina Stedman
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
        The best place on the planet to look for info on the Netherlands is

        http://www.geneaknowhow.net/digi/resources.html

        The site is in Dutch so you will need to use it with a translator but
        as soon as you figure out some Dutch words, it does get alot easier.

        A search of the GenLias site ( http://www2.tresoar.nl/genlias/zoek.php
        ) gave me this information. My Dutch is not great but I did my best
        to translate what I know. If you are searching Dutch relatives, this
        site is great and has a wonderful search engine. You also need to
        learn naming patterns because they named their children in a specfic
        order depending on gender. They would also reuse a name if the child
        died.

        This is only a guess on the info that you gave me but it at least
        would be a start. Dutch records are very precise and often include
        parents names including maiden name. Good Luck and I hope this helps.

        Tina

        Bron Burgerlijke stand - Huwelijk (Bruidegom)
        Archieflocatie Het Utrechts Archief (City of Utrechts Archives)
        Algemeen Toegangnr : 481
        Inventarisnr : 1003
        Gemeente : Wijk bij Duurstede (I think this is where the marriage
        took place)
        Soort akte : Huwelijksakte
        Aktenummer : 14
        Datum (Date) : 30-11-1871
        Bruidegom (groom) Johannes van der Schouw
        Geboortedatum:
        Leeftijd: 41
        Geboorteplaats: Wijk bij Duurstede (I think this is where he was
        born)
        Bruid (Bride) Johanna de Ruiter
        Geboortedatum:
        Leeftijd: 41
        Geboorteplaats: Wijk bij Duurstede (I think this is where she was
        born)
        Vader Bruidegom Johannes van der Schouw (father of groom)
        Moeder Bruidegom Aaltje van Leur (mother of groom)
        Vader Bruid Jacobus de Ruiter (father of bride)
        Moeder Bruid Petronella Voskuil (mother of bride)
        Nadere informatie

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "ramretsok2001"
        <M_C_Koster@h...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm looking for a marriage between Dirk Schouw (born in Enkhuizen
        the
        > Netherlands) and Johanna (de) Ruiter probably born in Medemblik
        (the
        > Netherlands).
        > They had a child (Jan) baptized on May 11, 1884 in Detroit Michigan.
        > Who can and/or is willing to help me?
        >
        > Mar Koster.
      • ramretsok2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2006
          Hello Tina,

          I do not have very much specific information on this couple. On Johanna
          (de) Ruiter I do have nothing exept she had for children with dirk
          Schouw. Dirk Schouw was born in Enkhuizen the Netherlands in 1858 and
          he went for the U.S. in September 1883. With hem went his mother -who
          past away in 1900 in the Detroit area- his sister with her husband and
          their baby daugter. Dirk Schouw vanished from the minut he went on the
          ship -probably the Amsterdam- for the U.S. This is all I know. The
          Dutch side of this familytree is of no importance I suppose.
          I'm interested in his life in the U.S.. Mariage, death and descendents.

          Greetings Mar Koster