Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Need help with Immigration

  • Karen Minnemeyer
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26 6:43 PM
      Barbara:
      Okay, I checked the 1920 Population Census for
      Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, 33rd Precinct and
      found two FISHER families living next door to each
      other:

      Fisher, Frank, 33, Born in Austria
      Josephine (Wife), 27, Born in Austria
      Frank (Son), 7 1/2, Born in New York
      Josephine (Dau), 5 1/2, Born in Cleveland Ohio
      Rudie (Son), 1, Born in Chicago, Illinois
      Fisher, Albert, 37, Born in Austria
      Mary, (Wife), 37, Born in Austria
      Helen (Dau), 11 1/2, Born in New York
      Tillie (Dau), 11 1/2, Born in New York
      Louise (Dau), 10, Born in New York
      Emily (Dau), 8, Born in New York
      May(?) (Dau), 4, Born in Illinois
      The record indicates that all four adults were born in
      Austria as were their parents. I believe that Albert
      and Mary are indicated as having been married in
      Austria. Albert and Frank perhaps are brothers.

      Judging from the ages and birthplaces of the children,
      Albert and Mary lived in New York for approximately 7
      years before moving to Illinois and had lived in
      Illinois for the last 4 years.

      I can search other Census records, but I think you are
      going to have to get information from Austria about
      Albert's early life events and his parents.

      Let me know if I can do anything else to help you.
      Karen

      Karen E. Minnemeyer
      kamiki1@...

      http://mail.yahoo.com