Re: Looking for: Mary Hewitt Good

  • jbaconsr
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2005
      Here is what I gleaned from the 1920 and 1930 census:
      1920 Yonker 82 Andrews Place Family #352
      James Hewitt head mw age 47 married born MA father born Canada,mother
      born Cananda
      Effie wife fw age 48 married born IA father born Canada mother born
      Canada
      William son mw age 10 Philipines MA IA
      Marie daughter fw age 3 6/12 CA MA IA

      1930 Yonkers Andrews Place family # 66
      James H. Hewitt head mw age 57 m @ 33 MA CAN ENG
      Euphemia wife fw age 52 m @ 28 IA CAN CAN
      William P. son mw age 21 single Manila MA IA
      Mary daughter fw age 13 CA MA IA

      So it looks like they came from the Philipines/Manila then California
      and then to Yonkers.Good luck, hope this helps.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tina Paxton"
      <Frecs@a...> wrote:
      > Hello folks,
      >
      > Earlier this week I was contacted by a researcher who had
      information to
      > share on my great-great-aunt, Euphemia Paxton Hewitt. He was able
      to point
      > me to a manuscript in the Ratcliffe College Library collection
      written by
      > Euphemia. Per the Ratcliffe Library search engine, the manuscript
      was
      > submitted by her daughter, Mary (Hewitt) Good in 1986. (I'm
      currently
      > working with the librarians there to acquire a copy of the
      manuscript.)

      > I have no further information on Mary Good. I know nothing of Mr.
      Hewitt
      > other than he married my gg-aunt and was also a teacher.
      >
      > What I know about Euphemia is as follows: She was born in South
      Dakota in
      > 1879; attended Univ. of California, got a B.S. in 1900, then taught
      for one
      > year before going to the Philippines to teach (she was one of the
      > "Thomasites"). She left the teaching service at the end of her 3-yr.
      > contract, in August 1903. Euphemia and Mr. Hewitt were married at a
      > missionary's home in Yokohama, Japan, in 1905, amid Japanese
      celebrations of
      > the Russo-Japanese War. I have her returning to the US and a
      mention of her
      > in an alumni publication shows they moved to Yonkers, New York.
      >
      > I would love to find Mrs. Mary Good or her descendents. If anyone
      can point
      > me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it.
      >
      > Tina Paxton
    • Tina Paxton
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2005
        That's wonderful! Thanks!

        <Frecs@a...> wrote:
        > Hello folks,
        >
        > Earlier this week I was contacted by a researcher who had
        information to
        > share on my great-great-aunt, Euphemia Paxton Hewitt. He was able
        to point
        > me to a manuscript in the Ratcliffe College Library collection
        written by
        > Euphemia. Per the Ratcliffe Library search engine, the manuscript
        was
        > submitted by her daughter, Mary (Hewitt) Good in 1986. (I'm
        currently
        > working with the librarians there to acquire a copy of the
        manuscript.)

        > I have no further information on Mary Good. I know nothing of Mr.
        Hewitt
        > other than he married my gg-aunt and was also a teacher.
        >
        > What I know about Euphemia is as follows: She was born in South
        Dakota in
        > 1879; attended Univ. of California, got a B.S. in 1900, then taught
        for one
        > year before going to the Philippines to teach (she was one of the
        > "Thomasites"). She left the teaching service at the end of her 3-yr.
        > contract, in August 1903. Euphemia and Mr. Hewitt were married at a
        > missionary's home in Yokohama, Japan, in 1905, amid Japanese
        celebrations of
        > the Russo-Japanese War. I have her returning to the US and a
        mention of her
        > in an alumni publication shows they moved to Yonkers, New York.
        >
        > I would love to find Mrs. Mary Good or her descendents. If anyone
        can point
        > me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it.
        >
        > Tina Paxton

        Yahoo! Groups Links