Afro-Am marriage

  • runningdeer1011@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2005
      Are there any web sites for looking up marriages during pre-Civil
      War,Civil War and Reconstruction eras?I'm looking for a marriage of a
      Henry to a Shade or vice versa.Please let me know of any possibilities
      particularily the mid 1800's.
      Robert
    • Vicki
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
        This site might not be of help for your particular question on the
        marriages but it has a lot of info-- http://www.afrigeneas.com/

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, runningdeer1011@w... wrote:
        > Are there any web sites for looking up marriages during pre-Civil
        > War,Civil War and Reconstruction eras?I'm looking for a marriage of a
        > Henry to a Shade or vice versa.Please let me know of any possibilities
        > particularily the mid 1800's.
        > Robert
      • dragonfly_summers
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
          wrote:

          > Are there any web sites for looking up marriages during pre-Civil
          > War,Civil War and Reconstruction eras?I'm looking for a marriage of a
          > Henry to a Shade or vice versa.Please let me know of any possibilities
          > particularily the mid 1800's.
          > Robert

          Here are a couple I have used in the past:

          Check the links on left and right of page also:

          http://www.genealinks.com/africanamerican.htm

          Has some mid 1800's records:

          http://freedmensbureau.com/

          Also, depending on which state you are researching, you may find
          records for that specific state.

          Cheers,

          Chris