James Stewart and Sarah Fleshman

  • LDYTRAMP
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2005
      I'm trying to determine who the parents of this James Stewart were.

      In the course of my research it appears to me that 2 seperate James
      Stewart/Stuart's are being combined into one person with 2 different
      wives and family's but one set of parents.

      According to my information this James Stewart was born 2-22-1772 in
      Green Briar, WV and Died 1835 in Green IN. Married Sarah (Sally)
      Fleshman 1775-76 in Green Briar, WV She was born 1778 in Green Brair,
      WV and Died 1832 in Green, IN

      It appears the other James Stuart was born 1772 in Augusta Virgina and
      Died 1818 in Mississippi. He married Elizabeth Stockton about 1803 in
      Staunton, Augusta, Virgina

      Alexander Stuart and Mary Moore seem to be listed as the parents for
      both.

      Is there anyone that has verifing documentation that would clairify
      this issue?

      I've been looking for land records, church records, etc. so far no
      luck but I've stuck here in the northwest so must do all my research
      on the internet or by mail.