RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Tracing Jewish ancestors

  • laraine Gill
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 14, 2005
      Hi Tamela
      His name is/was William Meekcom and he was born in
      England he married Eliza Lily Freeman and as far as we
      know only had 1 daughter (my grandmother) who of
      course died before I got bitten by the genealogy bug.
      We have no other info. on him
      Laraine

    • omadarlin_2000
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 15, 2005
        Cassandra,

        Thank you so much for this bit of information! I just got caught up
        on my genealogy emails this weekend and, being too stingy to invest in
        $$$$.com, have had a TON of fun looking through the Heritage Quest
        census records.

        One of the most interesting finds was that my maternal g-father's dad
        (Lew) boarded next door to my maternal g-mother's parents (Albert &
        Yvonne). Who would have guessed that years later Lew's son would
        marry Albert & Yvonne's baby girl! My grandmother didn't even know
        they had been neighbors. I also found Alberts
        emigration/naturalization dates. Yippee!

        This is too much fun!

        Heather in Cincy

        > I know my library here if you have a card you can sign on from home
        to there data base. This is heritage quest census. Mine doesn't have
        all of them but it is free.