New Genealogy Database Registry

  • genealogydude
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2005
      Genealogy Today has developed an online catalog to reduce the time
      involved in searching multiple databases, and to simplify that task
      by making the search process more consistent and efficient.

      The catalog includes references to hundreds of searchable databases,
      online transcriptions and GEDcom-based family trees. The resources
      are organized by type of data, geographic region, and the years
      covered. And if you know of a resource that is not already listed,
      you can suggest it using a simple form.

      One of the best features is the customizable profile that every
      visitor can establish for themselves. The profile contains fields
      commonly used in searching resources, so that once you set one up,
      matching fields in our specially programmed registry searches are
      instantly populated with your criteria.

      If you are a Team Roots member (it's free to join), you'll also be
      able to bookmark any of the free databases, making it easier to
      locate them on return visits. And members can also import portions
      of their password-protected research profile directly into the
      search boxes. For information on Team Roots, visit
      http://www.teamroots.com/

      All of the resources in the registry are free. There are some links
      to Ancestry.com and our own subscription database on the home page,
      but they are clearly labelled with a ($). We also included some
      links to popular research products in our marketplace and a search
      box to take you to our directory of local genealogy. No purchase is
      required, however, to use the registry.

      The Genealogy Registry was launched today with over 500 resources in
      the catalog, and we'll be adding many more in the weeks to come.
      Here are the links:

      http://www.genealogy-registry.com/ OR
      http://search.genealogytoday.com/

      I'd appreciate any feedback (good or bad) you have on this new
      feature. We hope that you find it useful and that it can save time
      during your online research sessions.

      Thanks,
      - illya

      Illya D'Addezio
      Genealogy Today

      Open a Free Personalized Email Account Today!
      ---------- www.FreeGenMail.com -----------