World War I Overseas Casualty Reports @ GenealogyBuff.com

  • The Guy
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2005
      Hi all,
      The World War I overseas casualty reports issued by
      the War Department daily are being transcribed and
      placed online in the library at GenealogyBuff.com.
      A direct link to the searchable reports is
      http://www.genealogybuff.com/il/il-ww1-casualties.htm

      Some lists have accompanying news clippings that deal
      with casualties for that date that give great family
      clues.

      Hope this helps.
      Bill
    • Roberta Kendall
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2005
        Thanks very much Bill, very helpful!

        My great uncle was in WWI (I have registration cards for him and his
        brother, got them off of Ancestry.com) - his son told me that they kept
        my uncle an extra year after the war ended because he was quite a
        linguist and knew many German dialects, so they used him to translate
        for some of the injured and to write chronicles. I wish I had known
        him, he sounds like a really interesting person.

        One thing I have found while doing my search is a huge amount of regret
        that I didn't know my relatives. My g-grandfather and g-grandmother
        were fascinating people! They owned ten saloons in Brooklyn, my
        g-grandmother did all the cooking for them, and her husband went to
        Africa for adventures, and left her to run the saloons. He did end up
        coming back - would love to know what her reaction was! LOL

        I also found out yesterday that they were cousins. Interesting stuff.

        Roberta : )

        Roberta Kendall

        robtakendall@...

        The World War I overseas casualty reports issued by
        the War Department daily are being transcribed and
        placed online in the library at GenealogyBuff.com.
        A direct link to the searchable reports is
        http://www.genealogybuff.com/il/il-ww1-casualties.htm

        Some lists have accompanying news clippings that deal
        with casualties for that date that give great family
        clues.

        Hope this helps.
        Bill

        http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
        <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>
        &siteid=18621718

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "genealogyresearchclub
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genealogyresearchclub> " on the web.

        cribe>

        _____