Re: [Genealogy Research Club] New Researcher with Question

  • Shelly Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
      Yes, funeral home records help also

      --- daviddillard3 <daviddillard3@...> wrote:

      > As I go further back in time, the existence of death
      > certificates
      > become more rare. What is the accepted form of
      > identification in these
      > instances? Does gravestone information suffice?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > David

    • Vicki
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
        I have also had good luck with land records. While looking for land
        records, I found the only written proof of a death date from 1835 on
        one of my line, and all the heirs listed. I think I sat at the
        courthouse with my mouth open in amazement for about 5 minutes when I
        saw all that. :)

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "daviddillard3"