New Researcher with Question

  • daviddillard3
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2005
      As I go further back in time, the existence of death certificates
      become more rare. What is the accepted form of identification in these
      instances? Does gravestone information suffice?

      Thanks!
      David
    • Cassandra
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
        You can look for grave markers, obits, court documents, probates.
        if when the person dies they had small children then most times a
        guardianship was provide through the courts

        Just a few ideas

        Cassandra

        As I go further back in time, the existence of death certificates
        become more rare. What is the accepted form of identification in these
        instances? Does gravestone information suffice?

        Thanks!
        David

        http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
        <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>
        &siteid=18621718

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "genealogyresearchclub
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genealogyresearchclub> " on the web.

        cribe>

        _____

      • Shelly Johnson
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
          Yes, funeral home records help also

          --- daviddillard3 <daviddillard3@...> wrote:

          > As I go further back in time, the existence of death
          > certificates
          > become more rare. What is the accepted form of
          > identification in these
          > instances? Does gravestone information suffice?
          >
          > Thanks!
          > David

        • Vicki
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
            I have also had good luck with land records. While looking for land
            records, I found the only written proof of a death date from 1835 on
            one of my line, and all the heirs listed. I think I sat at the
            courthouse with my mouth open in amazement for about 5 minutes when I
            saw all that. :)

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "daviddillard3"