[Genealogy Research Club] Re: general question

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2005
      I think that's one of the items my sister was doing on her family
      tree portions was illnesses and what they died of, especially say if
      strokes run in the family like in mine. I have a foreign born son
      whom I adopted at age 2.5 months. I have next to no info on his
      family history, especially medically wise, so for me, I have to be
      very careful most of the time with potential illnesses and any
      possible allergies

      I'm up to around 162 people so far and that doesn't include the
      cousins to current. I don't know the names of their children. So
      I'm going to send letters to the families with a copy of their
      portion of the tree and see if they will assist and if they're
      interested in adding their spouse's families to the tree

      I found connections thru World Tree for where I can connect thru a
      great aunt and a great uncle, where we can attach to their trees as
      well. Once I add that, it'll double or triple the size of the tree

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, <jonczar@c...> wrote:
      > For all those just getting into the co-lateral lines. You might be
      interested in comparing illnesses running in the family. This is a
      new trend, but seems to be the thing to add. This can be true when an
      unusual illness shows up in the family. There are groups now doing
      DNA research confirming that a certain gene runs along a line.
      > I have now met on the net hundreds of cousins and have found the
      naming of children of interest. When you run into someone whose
      middle name matches your surname list, you can be sure that they were
      related or a close friend of a relative. Yes, this becomes
      additiional research, but when you hit those brick walls, it becomes
      much more FUN and can lead to some interesting findings.

      What I
      > > wondering about is for example my great aunts spouse and his
      part
      > of
      > > the tree. I was actually able to find what I believe is part
      of
      > > that tree
      > >
      > > I'm actually having more luck finding the extended portions of
      the
      > > family rather than my direct family roots. My sister is a LDS
      > > member and started this process, so I'm helping her.
      > >
      > > My family name is Livingstone (Scottish). So far the farthest
      I've
      > > gotten is to my great-grandfather. We know he was born in
      Canada
      > > and his parents are from Scotland, possibly outside Edinburgh.
      My
      > > mom's family name is Radish and I can go back to great
      grandfather
      > > as well who was born in Kiev we believe, but the family name
      maybe
      > > have been different
      > >
      > > Thanks, Suzanne
      >

      > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help at
      Ancestry.Com