Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: sturgeon family

  • richard sturgeon
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9, 2005
      THANKS FOR THE REPLY THE MARRAIGE ON JULY 3, 1941 WAS MY MOTHER AND FATHER I CAN TRACE THE SALZBRENNER SIDE BUT WHEN I TRY THE STURGEON SIDE I GET STUCK ON bENJAMIN FRANKLIN STURGEON CAN'T GO BACK ANY FARTHER

      Tammy Jernigan <apanther_stalks@...> wrote:Hi Richard,
      This is what I could find, its not much.

      Name: Richard H. STURGEON
      Title: Sr
      Sex: M
      Birth: 12 MAY 1916 in Sioux Falls,Minnehaha Co,SD
      Reference Number: N-01

      Name: Almena Mae SALZBRENNER
      Sex: F
      Birth: 9 JAN 1922 in Ft Dodge,IA
      Reference Number: N-01

      Father: Carl SALZBRENNER b: 16 FEB 1898 in Amana,IA
      Mother: Ethel Mae WATTS b: 15 MAY 1899 in Western College,IA
      Married: 3 JUL 1941 in Chicago,IL

      Children

      Living STURGEON

      SOURCE

      renfamilytree@...

      POSSABILITIES

      Name: Sturgeon, Richard EndamellFather: Sturgeon , Obediah Mother: Greenlee , Julia Ann Birth Date: 1853State: IN Country: USA

      Name: Richard Harold Bob SturgeonParents: Jeremiah Riley Sturgeon , Nora Maud Snapp Birth Place: Ames, OKBirth Date: 18 May 1901Death Place: Collinsville, OKDeath Date: 16 September 1974

      Name: Richard SturgeonSpouse: Elizabeth BronsonParents: John Sturgeon , Elizabeth Dalmage Birth Place: Franklin, Swanton, VTBirth Date: 1841

      Name: Richard SturgeonSpouse:
      Birth Date: 1858Death Date: 1920-1Death City: Kingston Death County: Ulster Death State: New York Death Country: USA Children: Arabelle Sturgeon
      Other Information: Notes

      Name: Arabelle SturgeonSpouse: Steven D. Hiltebrant
      Birth Date: 6 Aug 1888Birth City: Kingston Birth County: Ulster Birth State: New York Birth Country: USA Death Date: 5 Aug 1979Death City: Kingston Death County: Ulster Death State: New York Death Country: USA Parents: Richard SturgeonChildren: (Living)
      Other Information: Notes

      var pageName="AWT Individual View";

      TAMMY JERNIGAN

    • richard sturgeon
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 10, 2005
        1930 cook co this has to be my two uncles john, clearance and my father richard elsie prob was my step grandmother I think she and B f Sturgeon is buried in a united church of christ cementary around Booneville mo. 1920 census in souix fall nd is my father and my two uncles I find it interesting no mention of Bertha sturgeon which was my grandmother who is buried in San Antonio Tx the birh of Benjamin Franklin Sturgeion in 1888 in Achinson ks apprears to be right

        jbaconsr <jbaconsr@...> wrote:In 1930 Illinois Cook co Chicago:
        Bennigan Sturgeon age 41 m22 KS KS KS
        Elsie age 38 m35 MO MO OH
        Clearance age 15 SD KS MO
        Richard age 13
        John age 11

        1920 Souix Falls
        Benjamin Sturgeon age 30 KS MO IA
        Martha age 32 MO IA MO
        Clarence B age 410/12 MO MO MO
        Richard H age 3 7/12 SD MO MO
        John age 1 4/12 SD MO MO

        The WWI registration indexlists two Benjamin Sturgeons. Benjamin
        Franklin Sturgeon born Atchison KS Aug 29,1888, and Benjamin Harrison
        Sturgeon born Oct ,1889 Virginia.

        In 1900 Atchison KS Walnut twp lived the following Sturgeon family:
        Henry Sturgeon age 48 born 3/1852 m10 KY KY KY
        Alice O. age 33 b.10/1866 m10 2-1 MO MO MO
        Benny age 12 s b.8/1889 MO KY MO

        1910 Atchison KS Shannon twp:
        Henry Sturgeon age 59 m1 20 KY KY KY
        Alice age 63 m2 20 2-1 MO US US

        1850 KY Green Co:
        Alexander Sturgeon age 28 Hart Co
        Sarah age 37 Green Co
        John age 12 Green Co
        Hanner age 9
        Nancy age 10
        Anderson age 8
        Crocket age 5
        Alexander age 1

        1860 KY Platte Co Green twp:
        A. Sturgeon age 44 KY
        Sarah age 47 KY
        Nancy age 21 KY
        Hannah age 17
        Anderson age 16
        David C age 14
        Alexander age 11
        Henry age 8 IN
        Julia age 4 MO
        Jane age 2 MO

        1880 KS Atchison Co Walnut Twp:
        Harriet Hollingsworth age 43 KY KY KY
        James age 19 KS TN KY
        Elizabeth age 13
        John age 10
        Joseph age 7
        Amanda age 6
        Alexander age 3
        Henry Sturgeon age 26 brother IN KY KY
        Alexander Sturgeon age 32 brother KY KY KY

        I don't know exactly what you need tomake a connection, hope this
        helps some. I have some more on Anderson and family from the census,if
        this should prove useful. Good luck.
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "richard sturgeon"
        <rhsj209@y...> wrote:
        > I am trying to make a connection from richard H. sturgeon born Souix
        > falls s.d his father was Benijamin Franklin Sturgeon born in Kansas
        > have not been able to make the connection b.f sturgeon was born I
        > believe 1888 Richard was born 1916 richard also had a two brothers
        > Clarence and John I am the son of richard, Richard jr and there is
        > also Richard the III.

        Genealogy research Genealogy information