Re: shade

  • tfw4321
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2005
      --when i was looking at the census i noticed that many shade familes
      had no male head of household listed, but in the same county there
      were many shade males that were listed as farm workers, and living on
      the farm where they worked. a historian or someone familiar with north
      carolina census might be able to answer this question.won't help too
      much in finding people, sometimes i have found people not where they
      live but where they work on census's. but i will look some more. have
      you tried church records in that area. maybe tombstones, they
      sometimes say--- wife of--- or --- husband of--- tw- In