Re: [Genealogy Research Club] shade

  • runningdeer1011@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2005
      TW thanks.I have seen this one too,but can't verify father per
      houusehold.My William's father was an Andy,but mother name is omitted or
      unknown on death certificate.
      Robert

    • tfw4321
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2005
        --when i was looking at the census i noticed that many shade familes
        had no male head of household listed, but in the same county there
        were many shade males that were listed as farm workers, and living on
        the farm where they worked. a historian or someone familiar with north
        carolina census might be able to answer this question.won't help too
        much in finding people, sometimes i have found people not where they
        live but where they work on census's. but i will look some more. have
        you tried church records in that area. maybe tombstones, they
        sometimes say--- wife of--- or --- husband of--- tw- In