hi

  • melissa r. green
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 19, 2005
      Hi all,
      Posting this again.
      I had some email problems.
      So here it goes.
      I've placed the surrnames in the dfatabase a while back.
      Here's more information.
      My family's surrnames are green knight, and walker.
      From what I know my family are all from houston and henry county alabama.
      From the towns of dothan, hedlin, and newville alabama
      My mother is betty.
      The second eldest daughter of grady knight and willymay walker.
      My father is clenton.
      The eldest son of mathis green and grace griffen.
      I don't know how to spell grace's maiden name.
      But will give it a try.
      Its callins.
      Many family members on both sides have been talking about researching our heritage.
      So I figured that I would give it a try.
      From what I know, my mom's side of the family is part irish.
      My dad's side of the family is part indian.
      So I'm black irish indian.
      Hope this helps.
      Any assistance and guidance is appreciated.
      Always,
      Melissa R. Green
      The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains.The superior teacher
      demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.

    • Clark & Rita Pederson
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 20, 2005
        If you would like help doing a lookup in a database for an ancestor I would
        recommend that a request give the following information for having the best
        chance of a stranger who is not connected to your family or not familiar
        with your state/county to try and give you some help:

        1. Make the request just one person or family unit (if you have more,
        please put them in separate emails)
        2. Give as much of the following information as you know: Name, Date
        of Birth, Date of Death, Spouses Name, Date of Birth, Date of Death,
        Children's Names, Dates of Birth. At least some indication of dates or time
        period is very important to narrow the search. As a researcher I need
        enough facts to determine that I may have found your actual relative in
        order to spend the time detailing what I found on just that person versus
        the dozens of possible people I find in a database that aren't your
        ancestor.
        3. Location where you believe they can be found. Be as specific as
        possible. City, County, State. Researchers may not be familiar with the
        City you mention so the county name is very helpful. The following website
        will help provide you with the current county name for a city location:
        http://resources.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/townco.cgi
        4. If trying to get information on a person's parents please provide
        similar information as noted above on sibling names and dates of birth, if
        you know them. Even if you have the name of one brother or sister, it came
        be helpful to a researcher.

        Providing as much of the above information as possible in a clear, to the
        point request will increase your chances of getting help.

        A fellow researcher who occasionally tries to do lookups on requested
        names,

        Clark

      • Clark & Rita Pederson
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 20, 2005
          Melissa:

          You didn't mention any time periods so don't know if this Clenton Green is
          yours. I couldn't find a Clenton or Betty Green in the census index
          databases. Of course the latest census available is 1930. Were they born
          or married before that date? You didn't mention any dates in your email.

          Clark

          <http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=5188> Alabama Deaths, 1908-59
          records matching your search for Clenton Green
          All
          <http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gl=allgs&gsfn=Clenton&gsln=Gree
          n&gsby=&gsbco=1&gsbpl=1%2c+&gsdy=&gsdco=2%2cUnited+States&gsdpl=3%2cAlabama
          &gsoco=1&gsopl=1%2c+&rank=1&ti=0&ti.si=0&gss=angs&submit.x=63&submit.y=12>
          Records > Birth,
          <http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gl=allgs&gst=34&gsfn=Clenton&gs
          ln=Green&gsby=&gsbco=1&gsbpl=1%2c+&gsdy=&gsdco=2%2cUnited+States&gsdpl=3%2c
          Alabama&gsoco=1&gsopl=1%2c+&rank=1&ti=0&ti.si=0&gss=angs&submit.x=63&submit
          .y=12> Marriage, & Death > Alabama Deaths, 1908-59>

          Name: Clenton Green

          Death Date: Sep 1929

          Death County: Dallas

          Volume: 46

          Roll: 2

          Page #: 22573

          _____

          My family's surrnames are green knight, and walker.
          from houston and henry county alabama.
          From the towns of dothan, hedlin, and newville alabama
          My mother is betty.
          The second eldest daughter of grady knight and willymay walker.
          My father is clenton.
          The eldest son of mathis green and grace griffen.

          Any assistance and guidance is appreciated.
          Always,
          Melissa R. Green

          http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
          <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>
          &siteid=18621718

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          be>

        • Linley Sinnott
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 20, 2005
            Hi,
            You still need to know date of birth and place of birth. The person's name at birth and death would help. People can look things up in their ancestry.com account.
            Social Security helps a lot in America and a Census is even better.
            There are more qualified people than what I am but I know that more information is required.
            Proper spelling of names would help and hopefully their full name.

            How much information do you have? You may need to collect more information before attempting to do your genealogy.
            Could you mention some more information. Someone can always look it up for you.

            Linley

            "melissa r. green" <graduate56@...> wrote:
            Hi all,
            Posting this again.
            I had some email problems.
            So here it goes.
            I've placed the surrnames in the dfatabase a while back.
            Here's more information.
            My family's surrnames are green knight, and walker.
            From what I know my family are all from houston and henry county alabama.
            From the towns of dothan, hedlin, and newville alabama
            My mother is betty.
            The second eldest daughter of grady knight and willymay walker.
            My father is clenton.
            The eldest son of mathis green and grace griffen.
            I don't know how to spell grace's maiden name.
            But will give it a try.
            Its callins.
            Many family members on both sides have been talking about researching our heritage.
            So I figured that I would give it a try.
            From what I know, my mom's side of the family is part irish.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 20, 2005
              Hi,
              Do you have any dates?

              TAMMY JERNIGAN

            • sherry Mcmullin
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 11, 2006
                Hello i am new to the group and i am having such a
                hard time trying to find out my mothers side of the
                family... My grandafther Steven Loncaravic came to the
                USA in 1907 from Russia Yugoslavia...aftre that i kno
                wnothing if anyone can lead me in the right direction
                it would be greatly aprreciated ... i just have no
                clue where to start ..

                Thanks,
                Sherry

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • sandy
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 6, 2007
                  hi, im new to this club and im currently researching my dads side of
                  the family which is the clark/marsh/march. (name changes!)
                  i am also keeping an eye out for my great grandmothers side of the
                  family (allwood) because i cant seem to find them.
                  currently i have hit a brick wall with my tree.
                  sandy
                • barbara erickson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 6, 2007
                    Where is your Clark family from, Barb

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 7, 2007
                      leics, lincs, nottts area. now some moved to kettering.

                      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson
                      <berickson49@...> wrote:

                      > Where is your Clark family from, Barb

                    • Mary Godfrey Cockrell
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 9, 2007
                        Hello ... Anybody working the CLARK and other families of Camden
                        County, Georgia? Also ... surrounding counties of SE GA and NE FLA?

                        Mary

                        <berickson49@...> wrote:

                        > Where is your Clark family from, Barb

                      • brenda
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 18, 2008
                          im new to tha alabama site glad to be home grand parent-patterson-smith
                          tielkings-mooningham looking for my people