ables

  • hotrod195378237
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 17, 2005
      looking four the parents of john thompson ables b 1869 rome georgia
      and his wife elizaberth gaddis or gattis b. 1874 rome georgia

      porkchop
    • jbaconsr
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 17, 2005
        The only John Ables born in Georgia in 1869 I could find was born to
        two Ables families. They appear in 1870 GA., Bartow twp as follows:

        Ira Ables age 31 born GA
        Mary G age 22 GA
        William J age 3 GA
        John age 1 GA

        In 1870 Gordon Co there was a family of Ables as follows:
        Ezekial Ables age 37 NC
        Sarah age 36 GA
        James age 12 GA
        Martha age 10 GA
        Susan age 9 GA
        Verale age 3 GA
        John T.? age 1 GA (the index said John T.,but I sure couldn't make
        it out as such)
        Hope something in this connects with what you have. I could not
        find either of these families in 1880 or 1900 anywhere. I'll check a
        bit deeper.

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "hotrod195378237"
        <hotrod195378237@y...> wrote:
        > looking four the parents of john thompson ables b 1869 rome
        georgia
        > and his wife elizaberth gaddis or gattis b. 1874 rome georgia
        >

        > porkchop
      • john armstrong
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 18, 2005
          hi yes this is who iam looking for if you could where did you fine this must be those million doller web sites yor friend porkchop

          jbaconsr <jbaconsr@...> wrote:The only John Ables born in Georgia in 1869 I could find was born to

          <hotrod195378237@y...> wrote:
          > looking four the parents of john thompson ables b 1869 rome
          georgia
          > and his wife elizaberth gaddis or gattis b. 1874 rome georgia
          >

          > porkchop

          porkchop

        • jbaconsr
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 20, 2005
            Not exactly a million dollars, but it was on Ancestry.com. Which
            family fits into what you have already? Ira or Ezekial? I'll
            concentrate on whichever one seems to be your family.

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, john armstrong
            <hotrod195378237@y...> wrote:
            > hi yes this is who iam looking for if you could where did you
            fine this must be those million doller web sites yor friend porkchop

            > jbaconsr <jbaconsr@y...> wrote:The only John Ables born in Georgia
            in 1869 I could find was born to
            > two Ables families. They appear in 1870 GA., Bartow twp as follows:
            >
            > Ira Ables age 31 born GA
            > Mary G age 22 GA
            > William J age 3 GA
            > John age 1 GA
            >
            > In 1870 Gordon Co there was a family of Ables as follows:
            > Ezekial Ables age 37 NC
            > Sarah age 36 GA
            > James age 12 GA
            > Martha age 10 GA
            > Susan age 9 GA
            > Verale age 3 GA
            > John T.? age 1 GA (the index said John T.,but I sure couldn't make
            > it out as such)
            > Hope something in this connects with what you have. I could not
            > find either of these families in 1880 or 1900 anywhere. I'll check
            > bit deeper.
            >
            > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "hotrod195378237"
            > <hotrod195378237@y...> wrote:
            > > looking four the parents of john thompson ables b 1869 rome
            > georgia
            > > and his wife elizaberth gaddis or gattis b. 1874 rome georgia
            > >

            > > porkchop

            Service.

            > porkchop

          • john armstrong
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 20, 2005
              hi yes it dose it helps alot . thanks if yoyu need help with theses names armstrong muir frew scholfeild ables miller got big and small trees if any help just drop a line your friend porchop
              jbaconsr <jbaconsr@...> wrote:Not exactly a million dollars, but it was on Ancestry.com. Which

              <hotrod195378237@y...> wrote:
              > hi yes this is who iam looking for if you could where did you
              fine this must be those million doller web sites yor friend porkchop

              > jbaconsr <jbaconsr@y...> wrote:The only John Ables born in Georgia
              in 1869 I could find was born to
              > two Ables families. They appear in 1870 GA., Bartow twp as follows:
              >
              > Ira Ables age 31 born GA
              > Mary G age 22 GA
              > William J age 3 GA
              > John age 1 GA
              >
              > In 1870 Gordon Co there was a family of Ables as follows:
              > Ezekial Ables age 37 NC
              > Sarah age 36 GA
              > James age 12 GA
              > Martha age 10 GA
              > Susan age 9 GA
              > Verale age 3 GA
              > John T.? age 1 GA (the index said John T.,but I sure couldn't make
              > it out as such)
              > Hope something in this connects with what you have. I could not
              > find either of these families in 1880 or 1900 anywhere. I'll check
              > bit deeper.
              >
              > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "hotrod195378237"
              > <hotrod195378237@y...> wrote:
              > > looking four the parents of john thompson ables b 1869 rome
              > georgia
              > > and his wife elizaberth gaddis or gattis b. 1874 rome georgia
              > >

              > > porkchop

              Service.

              > porkchop

              porkchop

            • jbaconsr
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 21, 2005
                I did a little deeper digging and came up with the following:

                1920 Texas Wilson co. Precinct 3
                Dewitt Ables age 27 born GA father born GA mother born GA
                Pearl age 23 TX GA GA
                Earnest age 3 8/12 TX TX TX

                next door
                John T Ables age 50 GA SC GA
                Lizzie age 45 GA GA GA
                Owen S age 25 GA GA GA
                Horace age 21 TX GA GA
                Gertrude age 19 TX GA GA
                Inez age 15
                Bulah age 13
                Hershel age 10
                Viola age 8

                1910 GA Gordon Co. Oustannula
                John T Ables age 40 m1 19 GA SC GA
                Lizzie age 36 m1 19 GA GA GA
                James D age 17 GA GA GA
                Owen age 15
                Horac age 11
                Gertrude age 10
                Gladis age 5
                Gulah age 3
                John H age 1

                1900 TX Cherokee Co. Justice precinct 3
                John T Ables born 4/1870 age 30 m 10 GA GA AL
                Margeret A born 6/1874 age 25 m 10 GA GA GA
                (No clue why the Margeret ,census are sometimes squirrly)
                James D 9/1892 age 7 GA GA GA
                Owen 5/1894 age 6
                Horace F 10/1898 age 1

                1880 GA Floyd Co Floyd Springs
                Ezekial Ables age 47 SC SC SC
                Sarah age 46 GA GA GA
                Simeon age 22 GA GA GA
                Susan age 18
                Sarah age 13
                John age 11
                Sarah (mother) age 72 SC SC SC

                1880 Lumpkin Co GA
                James Gaddis age 71 GA NC NC
                Elizabeth age 65 GA NC NC
                Francis age 28 GA GA GA
                Ellen age 24
                Walter age 7
                Pinky age 5

                next door
                William Gaddis age 48 GA GA GA
                Hariet age 25 GA GA GA
                William age 22
                Iradell age 19
                Clouts age 17
                Crosby age 15
                George age 13
                Elizabeth age 6
                Joseph age 4
                James age 3
                Sarah age 1

                1870 GA Gordon Co
                Ezekial Ables age 37 NC
                Sarah age 36 GA
                James age 12
                Martha age 10
                Susan age 9
                Verale? age 3
                John T age 1

                1860 GA Floyd Co.Chulio
                Ezekial Ables age 30
                Sarah age 24
                Simeon age 4
                Elizabeth age 10/12

                1850 GA Murray Co
                Sarah Ables age 42 SC
                Ezekial age 16 SC
                Amanda M age 12 SC
                Osborn A age 10
                William N age 6
                Ann Ables age 39 (probably sister)

                <hotrod195378237@y...> wrote:
                > looking four the parents of john thompson ables b 1869 rome georgia
                > and his wife elizaberth gaddis or gattis b. 1874 rome georgia
                >

                > porkchop
              • john armstrong
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 21, 2005
                  hi and great big thanks off to n.c. i goiam going to dig out all those old bones
                  porkchop

                  <hotrod195378237@y...> wrote:
                  > looking four the parents of john thompson ables b 1869 rome georgia
                  > and his wife elizaberth gaddis or gattis b. 1874 rome georgia
                  >

                  > porkchop

                  porkchop

                • Tammy Jernigan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 23, 2005
                    Hi Porkchop,
                    I am Tammy, and this is what I found for you at Ancestry.com.

                    1870 CENSUS

                    Ezeakel AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1833 South Carolina White Male John T AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1869 Georgia White Male Martha A AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1860 Georgia White Female Sarah AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1834 Georgia White Female Sarah E AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1867 Georgia White Female Simon A AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1858 Georgia White Male Susan S AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1863 Georgia White Female

                    1910 CENSUS

                    Name: John T AblesAge in 1910: 40 Estimated birth year: abt 1870 Birthplace: Georgia Home in 1910: Oostanaula, Gordon, Georgia Race: White Gender: Male Series: T624 Roll: 188 Part: 1 Page: 209B
                    1910

                    ===================================

                    Name: John T AblesAge: AgeWith12ths('50',true);50 years Estimated birth year: abt 1870 Birthplace: Georgia Race: White Home in 1920: Precinct 3, Wilson, TexasHome owned: View ImageSex: View ImageMarital status: View ImageYear of immigration: View ImageAble to read & write: View ImageRoll: T625_1859 Page: 13A ED: 199 Image: 717

                    Name: John T AblesDeath Date: 06 Jul 1987 County of Death: Stephens Gender: M Race: W Age: 92 years County of Residence: Stephens Certificate: 024195 Date Filed: 07 Jul 1987

                    I hope this info helps.

                    TAMMY JERNIGAN

                  • hotrod195378237
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
                      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Tammy Jernigan
                      <apanther_stalks@y...> wrote:
                      > Hi Porkchop,
                      > I am Tammy, and this is what I found for you at Ancestry.com.
                      >
                      > 1870 CENSUS hay thanks can use all the help i can get
                      >
                      > Ezeakel AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1833 South Carolina White
                      Male John T AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1869 Georgia White Male
                      Martha A AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1860 Georgia White Female
                      Sarah AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1834 Georgia White Female Sarah
                      E AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1867 Georgia White Female Simon A
                      AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1858 Georgia White Male Susan S
                      AblesNot Stated, Gordon, GAabt 1863 Georgia White Female

                      > 1910 CENSUS
                      >
                      > Name: John T AblesAge in 1910: 40 Estimated birth year: abt
                      1870 Birthplace: Georgia Home in 1910: Oostanaula, Gordon,
                      Georgia Race: White Gender: Male Series: T624 Roll: 188 Part:
                      1 Page: 209B

                      1910

                      > ===================================
                      >
                      > Name: John T AblesAge: AgeWith12ths('50',true);50 years
                      Estimated birth year: abt 1870 Birthplace: Georgia Race: White
                      Home in 1920: Precinct 3, Wilson, TexasHome owned: View ImageSex:
                      View ImageMarital status: View ImageYear of immigration: View
                      ImageAble to read & write: View ImageRoll: T625_1859 Page: 13A
                      ED: 199 Image: 717

                      > Name: John T AblesDeath Date: 06 Jul 1987 County of Death:
                      Stephens Gender: M Race: W Age: 92 years County of Residence:
                      Stephens Certificate: 024195 Date Filed: 07 Jul 1987

                      > I hope this info helps.

                      > TAMMY JERNIGAN

                    • hotrod195378237
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005