new member

  • melissa r. green
    Message 1 of 44 , Jun 4, 2005
      Hi all,
      I wanted to say hello.
      I just joined this group.
      I placed the surnames that I am researching in the database already.
      But will place them here as well.
      They are knight, green, and walker.
      These are surrnames of my family.

      My family are from the south.
      Places such as alabama and surrounding states.

      I know that my parents and their parents lived in henry and houston county alabama.

      In fact, I was born in houston county alabama.
      Look forward to corresponding with you all.
      and to suggestions.
      Thank you.
      Best wishes,
      Always,
      Melissa R. Green
    • wdavis10@bellsouth.net
      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 12 5:30 PM
        Hello everyone,
        I'm researching Nipp Knipp and variants thereof.

        If anyone is interested there's a DNA project in the works.

        A new YDNA project attempting to tie males with any variant of the surname Nipp/Knipp to their immigrant ancestors. This project is for males with any variation of the Nipp/Knipp surname, or males who suspect they are from that surname line. Thus, the individual who tests must be a male who wants to check his direct paternal line (father's father's father's...) with a Y-DNA12, Y-DNA37, Y-DNA67, or Y-DNA111 test and who has one of the surnames listed for the project, or genetically matches one of the surnames in the project.
        Although females do not carry their father's Y-DNA, those who would like to check their father's direct paternal line can have a male relative with his surname order a Y-DNA test.

        Contact nipp_knipp@...
        http://www.familytreedna.com/public/NippKnapp-KIN/
        http://nippknippkin.wordpress.com/