looking for John Robert Eldridge b. 1849

  • geri93907
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
      I'm looking for information re: John Robert Eldridge, b. 1849, born I
      think in Virginia depending on the source. He also lived in Tennessee,
      then moved to Arkansas. John Robert was married to Francis Lousaina
      Carson b. 1846 while they still lived in Tennessee. He is my g-
      grandfather. Francis Lousaina died while giving birth to my
      grandmother, Francis Lousaina Eldridge. If you have any information
      on John Robert, or any of the family please contact me at:
      geri93907@... Thanks very much.
    • jbaconsr
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
        1880 TN Overton Co lists a John Eldridge as follows:
        John Eldridge age 36 born TN father born TN mother born TN
        Francis age 34 TN TN TN
        Mary age 15 TN TN TN
        William age 14
        Horace age 14
        Frank age 13
        John D age 6/12
        Does this sound like the right family to persue?Also, do you have
        access to all the census',and have you found your family in all of them?

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "geri93907"
        <geri93907@y...> wrote:
        > I'm looking for information re: John Robert Eldridge, b. 1849, born I
        > think in Virginia depending on the source. He also lived in
        Tennessee,
        > then moved to Arkansas. John Robert was married to Francis Lousaina
        > Carson b. 1846 while they still lived in Tennessee. He is my g-
        > grandfather. Francis Lousaina died while giving birth to my
        > grandmother, Francis Lousaina Eldridge. If you have any information
        > on John Robert, or any of the family please contact me at:
        > geri93907@y... Thanks very much.
      • Geri Lynn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2005
          thanks for responding. This is very confusing. Some of the names are correct. The parents are certainly correct, but their dates of birth are not. The eldest daughter is correct, but I'm not sure about the sons. There was a son, John, but he was born to the second wife. My g-grandparents were John Robert, b. 1849, and Francis Lousaina b. 1846. They lived for awhile in Tennessee, but moved to Arkansas. What do you make of all of this? Do you mind writing to me at: gbaze@...? thanks.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 5, 2005
            no, this doesn't sound like my John and Lou Eldridge. My John and Lou had all girls, no sons. Thank you very much for looking.