Re: [Genealogy Research Club] From Moderator

  • Dorez D
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2005
      I think that's a wonderful idea, Tina.

      My father, Albert Roberson, Sr. wasn't allowed to serve in the military
      (fighting on the front lines, I mean) because of his race
      (African-American). But, he served in his own way, in the CC Camps. I
      don't know the history of it or what its purpose was... but he was an Army
      Cook... and a great one at that. (smile)

      I wish I knew more... but he never talked about those years much. It was
      during World War II... and that's all i know right now. Maybe my mom can
      supply more information. Now that you've got me interested, I'll have to
      ask her. (smile)

      Thanks,
      Dorez
      http://www.career-in-film.com