need help please

  • blueracer75
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16 9:11 PM
      I just joined the group tonite and would appreciate some help or at
      least a point in the right direction.
      I am looking for the obit and cemetary for my birth father.
      His info: James E. Mcdonald
      B: may 5, 1912
      D: july 5, 1992 in pompano Beach, Fl.
      He had family in E. Boston, Mass. so not sure if buried there.

      Thank you very much
      Ric McDonald
    • dawn_smith82
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
        can someone get census reports? I am looking for Henderson in the 1830
        Washington County VA on page 252 and the 1840 on page 219. I am looking
        for a Catherine Henderson born about 1828 in this county. Sorry I don't
        know her parents names. I was hoping that the 1840 census would give me
        this information.
        Thank You
        Dawn Smith
      • Laura Haggarty
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
          Here's what I find on ancestry.com under Henderson, in Washington County, VA
          in the 1830 census:

          There is a William Henderson, who has the following listed in his household
          (no names given):

          - two males between five and ten

          - one male between 40 and 50

          - two females under five

          - one female between five and fifteen

          - one female between 50 and 60

          That's from roll #200, page 252.

          Here's what I find in the 1840 census:

          There is a Thomas Henderson, who has the following listed in his household
          (no names given):

          - 2 males under 5

          - 2 males between 10 and 15

          - 1 male 20 to 30

          - 1 male 50 to 60

          - 2 females 10 to 15

          - 1 female 40 to 50

          That's from Roll: #579; Page: 219.

          Seems as if your Catherine could be the daughter of either. Census forms
          don't start listing all the names in a household until later. Sorry I can't
          be of more help that way.

          One Tree results show a Catherine Henderson born in VA on 18 Jun 1827 in
          Virginia (no city or county listed.) Her parents are shown as (potentially)
          Parsons Henderson, and a Nancy (no maiden name.) Parsons' parents are listed
          as William Henderson and Mary Clark. Parson was born in Amherst county, VA.
          There are a couple of other trees which might have info that matches. Do you
          have a spouse name for Catherine? LMK if you do.

          Laura Haggarty

          www.pathfindersfarm.com