Re: [Genealogy Research Club] How Do I Start?

  • Andrea
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 16, 2005
      I would start by getting your birth certificate it should show his name and date of birth and where he was born. Then get his birth certificate and look from there.

      Andrea

      soapmaker30 <soapmaker30@...> wrote:

      Hi everybody, I am a new member and I just
      got interested in my other side of the family.
      My parents never married and my mother is now
      dead. She never talked about my father except
      to tell me his name. How do I go about looking
      for his side of the family? All I know is his
      name is Allen Lee Hille and he was from Ohio.
      I don't even know if he was born there or not.
      Could someone give me some pointers please?
      Thanks Olivia.

    • 9kats

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 17, 2005
          Olivia, I have to apologize, (and to all) about 2 of the links I gave you which were wrong. You probably have the correct ones by now, but, just in case, here are the correct links:

          http://www.usgenweb.com/

          http://www.cyndislist.com/

          Sorry ... :)

          Dee ~

          Blessings,

          Dee Rettig ~ Mt. Pleasant, Mi

          If God brings you to it, He can bring you through it!

          "The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts." ~

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 17, 2005
            I would suggest going to myfamily.com they have something called people
            search. for 10.00 you can search that name in all the states and it will give you
            all public information available . Or for I think 30.00 you can have it for
            3 months but it has been very useful for me. Most of the time they have the
            phone number along with the address and you can call or write. It will
            email you the list or u can print it out but I wish you well in your quest.
            Tara