Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Renaud - look up please

  • Dyan Comet
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 7, 2005
      I'm devastated!!! I spent hours checking out this info and it all seemed perfect. I found several family trees listed with all these names and details.... only one small problem, when I get to the name of the man who should be my grandfather they have him married to a different woman and since they have loads of other info it looks like they are pretty sure of this so it looks like I am back to my brick wall again.

      The census info on Albert Jean is correct with the names of my aunts and uncles as well as my dad. It sure looks like Albert's father is also Albert but this must not be the case since the son (Albert) who should be my grandfather is married to someone other than my grandmother and I am sure about her name and her history! DARN!!!

      Dyan Comet <day_comet@...> wrote:

      AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! That's them, you found them!! I can't thank you enough! You have finally given me the break I needed!

      Think you could do the same with my other grandfather, Clayton Osier? I know that he was born in 1892 in Plattsburg, NY. I know that by the age of 16 he was living in Worcester, Massachusetts with his grandmother Quilliam but that neither of his parents are listed as living with him in the census. I know that his mother was Ida Quilliam and that's about it. I know that he lived the rest of his life in Massachusetts and my mother has told me that her grandmother Ida Quilliam lived with them until she died, but never anything about the father so I have no idea who Clayton's father was other than that it seems logiacal that his last name was Osier and he was obviously located in the upper northern part of NY or southern Canada.

      Thanks again, you are awesome!

      Diane

      jbaconsr wrote:

      Ok, I think I got this right. If the Albert in 1930 Worcester was
      correct, then the rest makes sense.
      1930 MA Worcester:
      Albert Renaud age 41 m26 NY US US
      Zialiphea age 38 m22 MA NY MA
      Edward A age 13 MA NY MA
      Edna M age 12 MA NY MA
      Earl N age 10
      Alfred J age 10
      Earest M 6

      1920 MA Worcester:
      Albert Renaud age 30 NY NY NY
      Sophia age 27 NY NY NY
      Edwars A age 4 MA NY NY
      Edna age 3 MA NY NY
      Earl N age 8/12 MA NY NY

      1900 NY Nassau Oyster Bay
      Albert Renaud 3/1860 age 40 m14 NY FR FR
      Maggie 11/1865 age 34 m14 NY Switz Switz
      Sillie 8/1887 age 12 NY NY NY
      Pierre 4/1889 age 11 NY NY NY
      Albert 8/1890 age 9
      Geretrude 4/1896 age 4
      Clarence 12/1898 age 1
      Jacob Hartel 3/1845 age 55 Ger Ger Ger

      1910 NY Suffolk co Park State Hosp.
      Maggie Renaud age 45 m 3-1 NY Switz Switz

      1910 NY Kings Brooklyn
      Pierre F Renaud age 79 m1 52 FR FR FR 1860 na
      Louisa age 77 m1 52 4-4 FR FR FR 18?0 na
      Albert age 50 Brooklyn FR FR
      Siller M age 22
      Pierre A age 21
      Albert J age 19

      1880 NY Kings Brooklyn
      Pierre Renaud age 49 FR FR FR
      Louisa age 40 FR FR FR
      Albert age 20 NY FR FR
      John Jimersins? age 29 GER GER GER

      1870 NY Kings Brooklyn
      Pierre Renaud age 39 FR
      Louisa age 36 FR
      Albert age 10 NY

      1860 NY Kings Brooklyn
      Peter Renaud age 29 FR
      Louisa age 27 FR
      Edmund age 3 NY
      Albert age 2/12 NY
      Louisa Rossell age 13 sevant FR
      I can't guarentee all of the connections are gospel, but according
      to the census and some logic, this is what I came up with. Good luck.
      I hope some is able to flesh this out a little more for you.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Dyan Comet
      wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Yes, basically I know that he was born in NY and died in
      Florida. I don't know if he had any siblings. I know that my
      grandmother's name was Mary Zealphea May Gonyea and that she was born
      in Santa Clara, NY in 1892. I have been told that they showed up
      once with his named spelled incorrectly in Worcester, Massachusetts
      census either the 1920 or 1930. I believe that his last name was
      spelled Bernard or something like that. I new it was the right
      family because the names of all the kids were correct.

      > So, I still don't know about his family, meaning his parents
      and any brothers and sisters...etc. As far as I know he only lived
      in New York as a boy, Worcester, Massachusetts as an adult with
      family and then after my grandmother died he remarried and moved the
      family to Grafton, Massachusetts. I know that he retired in Florida
      but nothing more.

      > I do remember hearing that I had family from the Pottsdam area
      but I'm not sure if that was my grandmother or his family but
      obviously his family is from that upper NY area.

      > I also know that my grandparents spoke French and English. I
      have never been told he was born in Canada although I do know that
      all the rest of the family came to the states via the Queb�c area
      over the past two centuries.

      > More than that I don't know. My problem is that living here
      in France I have very little ability to look up things that are not
      free on the internet or by finding others who are members to some of
      these online sites like Ancestry.com who can look things up for me.

      > Thank you for responding and I do hope that somewhere down the
      line someone can help me tear down this brickwall!

      wrote:

      > Dear Diane:
      >

      > Have you located Albert Jean Renaud in any US Federal Census? Many
      census
      > forms asked year of birth and place of birth (usually given as a
      state or
      > country, if foreign born). The census also gave month of birth.
      If we
      > can locate Albert as a child living with his family in one of the
      censuses
      > it would give his parent's names and his sibling's names.
      >
      > Do you have the names of ANY siblings? (this helps in a census
      search).

      > Can you give us his wife's name and her date of birth and location
      (if you
      > know) This may help find him in a census as an adult which may
      give some
      > clues to find his as a child.
      >

      > What states did they live in?
      >

      > IS this him in the Social Security Death Index? The date of birth
      matches.
      > Do you know if he died in Florida in Sept 1968?
      >

      > Name:
      >
      > Jeane Renaud
      >

      > SSN:
      >
      > 034-09-9867
      >

      > Last Residence:
      >
      > 33870 Sebring, Highlands, Florida, United States of America
      >

      > Born:

      > Died:
      >
      > Sep 1968
      >

      > State (Year) SSN issued:
      >
      > Massachusetts (Before 1951 )
      >

      > ---------------------------
      >
      > Is this him in the 1930 census?
      >

      > Massachusetts, Worcester County, Fitchburg, District 158
      >

      > Albert J Renaud
      >
      > Wife-Emma
      >
      > Children-Lucille, Gaurette, Theresa
      >
      > If so, it says he and Emma were born in Canada.
      >
      > --------------------
      >

      > The more family information you can give us, the better we can help
      you.

      > Clark
      >
      > Oregon
      >

      > _____

      Service.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 8, 2005
        Married twice??

        wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Yes, basically I know that he was born in NY and died in
        Florida. I don't know if he had any siblings. I know that my
        grandmother's name was Mary Zealphea May Gonyea and that she was born
        in Santa Clara, NY in 1892. I have been told that they showed up
        once with his named spelled incorrectly in Worcester, Massachusetts
        census either the 1920 or 1930. I believe that his last name was
        spelled Bernard or something like that. I new it was the right
        family because the names of all the kids were correct.

        > So, I still don't know about his family, meaning his parents
        and any brothers and sisters...etc. As far as I know he only lived
        in New York as a boy, Worcester, Massachusetts as an adult with
        family and then after my grandmother died he remarried and moved the
        family to Grafton, Massachusetts. I know that he retired in Florida
        but nothing more.

        > I do remember hearing that I had family from the Pottsdam area
        but I'm not sure if that was my grandmother or his family but
        obviously his family is from that upper NY area.

        > I also know that my grandparents spoke French and English. I
        have never been told he was born in Canada although I do know that
        all the rest of the family came to the states via the Quebéc area

        wrote:

        > Dear Diane:
        >

        > Have you located Albert Jean Renaud in any US Federal Census? Many
        census
        > forms asked year of birth and place of birth (usually given as a
        state or
        > country, if foreign born). The census also gave month of birth.
        If we
        > can locate Albert as a child living with his family in one of the
        censuses
        > it would give his parent's names and his sibling's names.
        >
        > Do you have the names of ANY siblings? (this helps in a census
        search).

        > Can you give us his wife's name and her date of birth and location
        (if you
        > know) This may help find him in a census as an adult which may
        give some
        > clues to find his as a child.
        >

        > What states did they live in?
        >

        > IS this him in the Social Security Death Index? The date of birth
        matches.
        > Do you know if he died in Florida in Sept 1968?
        >

        > Name:
        >
        > Jeane Renaud
        >

        > SSN:
        >
        > 034-09-9867
        >

        > Last Residence:
        >
        > 33870 Sebring, Highlands, Florida, United States of America
        >

        > Born:

        > Died:
        >
        > Sep 1968
        >

        > State (Year) SSN issued:
        >
        > Massachusetts (Before 1951 )
        >

        > ---------------------------
        >
        > Is this him in the 1930 census?
        >

        > Massachusetts, Worcester County, Fitchburg, District 158
        >

        > Albert J Renaud
        >
        > Wife-Emma
        >
        > Children-Lucille, Gaurette, Theresa
        >
        > If so, it says he and Emma were born in Canada.
        >
        > --------------------
        >

        > The more family information you can give us, the better we can help
        you.

        > Clark
        >
        > Oregon
        >

        > _____

        Service.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Tammy Jernigan
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 8, 2005
          Hi Dyan,
          I found some info for you
          # Name: Clayton OSIER
          # Given Name: Clayton
          # Surname: Osier
          # Sex: M
          # Birth: in New York?
          # Death: 1950 in Auburn, Mass. U.S.A.
          # MARB:
          # Event: Lorraine, Rita, Arlene and Clayton Jr. Number
          of Children 4
          INFORMATION ON CLAYTON'S WIFE
          Marriage 1 Georgianna SAVAGEAU
          # Name: Georgianna SAVAGEAU
          # Given Name: Georgianna
          # Surname: Savageau
          # Sex: F
          # Birth: 10/ /1896 in Worcester, Mass. U.S.A.
          # Death: 10/ /1986 in Worcester, Mass. U.S.A.
          # MARB:
          # Event: Lorraine, Rita, Arlene and Clayton Jr. Number
          of Children 4
          # Occupation: Stitching Supervisor Worcester Knitting
          # Event: 10/1986 Social Security Number 017-09-1759
          # Burial: Notra Dame Cemetary 162 Webster St., Worc.
          Mass. U.S.A.
          Father: Louis SAVAGEAU b: in Canada
          Mother: UNKNOWN BIGELOW b: mid 1800's in Trois
          Riviers, Canada

          Children of Clayton and Georgianna
          1.Lorraine Osier b:1923
          2.Rita OSIER b: 7/02/1925 in Worcester, Mass. U.S.A.
          3.Arline M. Osier b:1929
          4.Clayton Osier Jr.

          I hope this is your Clayton Osier.

          TAMMY JERNIGAN

          __________________________________
          Yahoo! Messenger
        • jbaconsr
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 8, 2005
            Been there ,done that.I just spent a day chasing down a Reuben Shear
            that I swore was related. It turns out there were two families with
            Sarah,Hiram,and Reuben's in them. But far enough apart in age to have
            to be two different famulies. i found both Reubens in the same year.
            Maybe this about Clayton Osier will pan out a little better.
            In 1910 I found the family of Quillian's with Clayton living with
            them.
            In 1930 Worcester MA I found this Clayton and family:
            Clayton G O'sier age 38 m29 NY NY NY
            Gyrgianna age 33 m25 MA Can Can
            Lorraine J age 7 MA NY MA
            Rita E age 5
            Arliene M age 1 3/12
            Ida H ? (mother ) age 55 wd Ny Eng NY

            Given that ,if Ida was indeed your Clayton's mother. Then in the mid
            1920 through 1948 city directories for Worcester there is a Clayton G
            Osier(wife Georgianna)listed and with him lived An Ida G Osier, widow
            of Fred J Osier.I could not however find anything of a Fred and Ida
            in any of the census. Frederick J may be Frederick James, but I
            didn't find an James and Ida either.I'll keep checking, but so far
            nothing solid.
            I really thought we had The Renaud family pegged, but I guess
            sometimes things aren't as they seem.Maybe something new will turn up
            as we're looking for someone else.

            <day_comet@y...> wrote:
> [...]
            > > Do you know if he died in Florida in Sept 1968?
            > >

            > > Name:
            > >
            > > Jeane Renaud
            > >

            > > SSN:
            > >
            > > 034-09-9867
            > >

            > > Last Residence:
            > >
            > > 33870 Sebring, Highlands, Florida, United States of America
            > >

            > > Born:

            > > Died:
            > >
            > > Sep 1968
            > >

            > > State (Year) SSN issued:
            > >
            > > Massachusetts (Before 1951 )
            > >

            > > ---------------------------
            > >
            > > Is this him in the 1930 census?
            > >

            > > Massachusetts, Worcester County, Fitchburg, District 158
            > >

            > > Albert J Renaud
            > >
            > > Wife-Emma
            > >
            > > Children-Lucille, Gaurette, Theresa
            > >
            > > If so, it says he and Emma were born in Canada.
            > >
            > > --------------------
            > >

            > > The more family information you can give us, the better we can

            Ancestry.Com

            > > http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
            > >
            > > &siteid=18621718
            > >

            > > _____
            > >
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > > subject=Unsubscri
            > > be>

            > > Terms of Service.

            > > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help at
            Ancestry.Com

            > > http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718

            > Service.

            Service.