Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Need some help again

  • Kris
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10 2:54 PM
      If you have a Family History Center close to you, you can go there. They are part of the Family History Library in Utah. Most of the Family History Center's have Internet access now and they have a free subscription to Ancestry. You do not need to be LDS to use the Family History Center and access Ancestry.

      Hope this Helps.

      Kris

      Jacksons <rkmmjackson@...> wrote:

      Is there any site besides ancestery.com and genealogy.com or any pay site
      where a person can access the 1930 census. I have gone to the states but
      those records have not been transcribed yet. Familysearch.com or any of the
      LDS sites have the information I am looking for. I have tracked my
      descendants from where they came into the U.S. to the 1930's and 1940's. I
      have spoken with living relatives but they cannot give me the information on
      the Dobrinski family. He (Herman Heinrich) immigrated from Russia through
      Hamburg, Germany to MI. in 1887. In 1904 he married my great grandmother
      Elizabeth Simon in Bridgeport, NE. I am trying to find where they lived in
      the 1920's when my grandfather died (1921) and 1930's. My Great Grandmother
      raised at least 6 children on her own, but my mother does not know where,
      and all the relations on that side have died without passing the information
      along. Can anyone help, on the census' because I have more lookups I am
      doing in that same time period. I just can't pay the "user" fee of the
      above databases.

      Thank you

      Deborah Jackson
      Fayetteville, NC