Re: Okay, I still have no clue but.... HELP

  • karen
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
      Have you tried familysearch.org? It will search the 1880 census as
      part of your search. Do you know what the W. M. stands for? Also
      please list the areas where they lived if you know them. Do you
      know any of W. M.'s or Elizabeth's siblings?

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "jeff scott"
      <wikanvirg@y...> wrote:

      > I have returned to my home state to intro in a new member of the
      > family, My Niece MacKenzie. Well, I still can not find anything on
      my
      > great grandfather, Olin Clermon Webb. I have a birth and death
      date
      > plus both of his parents.
      >
      > Olin "Dixie" Webb Oct. 1 1916 - Feb. 27 1977.
      >
      > His Father: W. M. Webb Aug. 10 1874 - June 9, 1931.
      > His Mother: Elizabeth Ayers Webb June 3, 1881 - Apr. 12, 1947.
      >
      > All that I can get is what I have. No one in this family remembers
      > very much of anything. The ones that would are long since
      deceased.
      > Olin had a broher, Walter, and a sister, Ella Mary (as far as I
      know.
      > Both deceased). (Sarah) Elizabeth was either half or full Native
      > American.
      >
      > If anyone out there can help. Ancestry.com gives me nothing.
      >
      > Please if anyone can help.
      >
      > Wikanvirg
    • jeff scott
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2005
        I honestly have no clue. I know that William was W.M. the intials or
        abbrev for william is Wm. See?

        Sarah Elizabeth is apparently from Georgia. And William from NC. I'm
        trying to locate anything on him.

        Olin Clermon Webb was born 10/1/1916. Mary Ella Webb was his older
        sister, she died recently. Walter Webb was their brother.

        I don't know anything about either of my great grandparents. Nadda

        I have a Benjamin Harris(on) Webb, somehow related to us also. I may
        have found that link thanks to another source. A god send really.
        Ben's kids were Felix, Vernon, Mildred and Nina (pronounced NY-na).
        The last died (NY-na) died in the 50's. Felix passed recently as
        well.

        I do know that William was either married and cheated to have Olin
        and gang, or remarried. He has children prior to Walter, Ella and
        Clermon.

        Omri and Belle are the only two my mother can remember. I have a
        census from NC with an Omri Webb and sister Laura (Lauren) B. Webb.
        But no clue how any of them are related to us.

        I only have fragments.

        wikanvirg