Re: Okay, I still have no clue but.... HELP

  • jbaconsr
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
      All I have so far is Guilford county ,High Point NC
      1930
      William Webb age 55 married @ 18 born NC father born NC
      mother born NC
      Elizabeth age 48 married @32 GA GA GA
      Walter age 17 NC NC GA
      Eller or Ellen age 14 NC NC GA
      Clemon age 13 GA NC GA
      Ive looked around in both GA and NC in 1920, but haven't been able
      to locate them yet. I'll let you know if I do. Good luck.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "jeff scott"
      <wikanvirg@y...> wrote:

      > I have returned to my home state to intro in a new member of the
      > family, My Niece MacKenzie. Well, I still can not find anything on
      my
      > great grandfather, Olin Clermon Webb. I have a birth and death date
      > plus both of his parents.
      >
      > Olin "Dixie" Webb Oct. 1 1916 - Feb. 27 1977.
      >
      > His Father: W. M. Webb Aug. 10 1874 - June 9, 1931.
      > His Mother: Elizabeth Ayers Webb June 3, 1881 - Apr. 12, 1947.
      >
      > All that I can get is what I have. No one in this family remembers
      > very much of anything. The ones that would are long since deceased.
      > Olin had a broher, Walter, and a sister, Ella Mary (as far as I
      know.
      > Both deceased). (Sarah) Elizabeth was either half or full Native
      > American.
      >
      > If anyone out there can help. Ancestry.com gives me nothing.
      >
      > Please if anyone can help.
      >
      > Wikanvirg
    • karen
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
        Have you tried familysearch.org? It will search the 1880 census as
        part of your search. Do you know what the W. M. stands for? Also
        please list the areas where they lived if you know them. Do you
        know any of W. M.'s or Elizabeth's siblings?

        <wikanvirg@y...> wrote:

        > I have returned to my home state to intro in a new member of the
        > family, My Niece MacKenzie. Well, I still can not find anything on
        my
        > great grandfather, Olin Clermon Webb. I have a birth and death
        date
        > plus both of his parents.
        >
        > Olin "Dixie" Webb Oct. 1 1916 - Feb. 27 1977.
        >
        > His Father: W. M. Webb Aug. 10 1874 - June 9, 1931.
        > His Mother: Elizabeth Ayers Webb June 3, 1881 - Apr. 12, 1947.
        >
        > All that I can get is what I have. No one in this family remembers
        > very much of anything. The ones that would are long since
        deceased.
        > Olin had a broher, Walter, and a sister, Ella Mary (as far as I
        know.
        > Both deceased). (Sarah) Elizabeth was either half or full Native
        > American.
        >
        > If anyone out there can help. Ancestry.com gives me nothing.
        >
        > Please if anyone can help.
        >
        > Wikanvirg
      • Rebecca Betz-Festa
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
          <wikanvirg@y...> wrote:

          > I have returned to my home state to intro in a new member of the
          > family, My Niece MacKenzie. Well, I still can not find anything on
          my
          > great grandfather, Olin Clermon Webb. I have a birth and death date
          > plus both of his parents.
          >
          > Olin "Dixie" Webb Oct. 1 1916 - Feb. 27 1977.
          >
          > His Father: W. M. Webb Aug. 10 1874 - June 9, 1931.
          > His Mother: Elizabeth Ayers Webb June 3, 1881 - Apr. 12, 1947.
          >
          > All that I can get is what I have. No one in this family remembers
          > very much of anything. The ones that would are long since deceased.
          > Olin had a broher, Walter, and a sister, Ella Mary (as far as I
          know.
          > Both deceased). (Sarah) Elizabeth was either half or full Native
          > American.
          >
          > If anyone out there can help. Ancestry.com gives me nothing.
          >
          > Please if anyone can help.
          >
          > Wikanvirg

          Hi Wikanvirg:

          Please remember that the index on Ancestry.com was a transcription,
          done by people who may not have been able to read the original
          microfilm (some of it is very faint)and made a "best guess" at the
          name. Also I have found in my family in the 1800's that they were
          often called by their middle names, and I have found them listed
          under their middle names on the census. You also have to
          be "creative" when searching Ancestry. If you cannot find the person
          you are looking for, search for a family member with a more common
          name. I searched under Walter Webb. Is this your family?

          1930 Census - North Carolina - Guilford - High Point
          District 67 - Image 19 on Ancestry.com (Sheet 10A stamped 148 in
          upper right hand corner)

          Webb, William - head - age (unreadable) - born North carolina - Farmer
          Webb, Elizabeth - wife - age 48 - born in Georgia
          Webb, Walter - son - age 17 - born in North Carolina
          Webb, (Eller) - daughter - age 14 - born in North Carolina
          Webb, (Clermon) - son - age 13 - born in Georgia
          (note: the census was taken prior to October so he is listed as 13
          years old)

          Olin Clermon Webb is also listed in the SS Death Index - you can send
          for a copy of the original application. You should be able to get a
          copy of his death certificate from North Carolina.

          Good luck with your search.

          Rebecca
        • jeff scott
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 8, 2005
            I honestly have no clue. I know that William was W.M. the intials or
            abbrev for william is Wm. See?

            Sarah Elizabeth is apparently from Georgia. And William from NC. I'm
            trying to locate anything on him.

            Olin Clermon Webb was born 10/1/1916. Mary Ella Webb was his older
            sister, she died recently. Walter Webb was their brother.

            I don't know anything about either of my great grandparents. Nadda

            I have a Benjamin Harris(on) Webb, somehow related to us also. I may
            have found that link thanks to another source. A god send really.
            Ben's kids were Felix, Vernon, Mildred and Nina (pronounced NY-na).
            The last died (NY-na) died in the 50's. Felix passed recently as
            well.

            I do know that William was either married and cheated to have Olin
            and gang, or remarried. He has children prior to Walter, Ella and
            Clermon.

            Omri and Belle are the only two my mother can remember. I have a
            census from NC with an Omri Webb and sister Laura (Lauren) B. Webb.
            But no clue how any of them are related to us.

            I only have fragments.

            wikanvirg