Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Immigration into New York prior to Ellis Island

  • Shelly Patnaud
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2005
      Before Ellis Island alot of immagrants came into
      Boston harbors. Thas where I found some of my info
      --- Tim O <strategem911@...> wrote:

      > Good afternoon all!
      >
      > I've just started researching my family tree & was
      > hoping to get some
      > advice from anyone who may have done a similar
      > search.
      >
      > My Great Great grandfather and grandmother entered
      > the USA sometime
      > around 1870. Where would I search for passenger
      > records by name?
      >
      > They came from Germany, probably Bavaria.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Tim

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • WouterHob�
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2005
        With a name like Patnaud, which is the pronunciation of Patenaude, I would be looking in France. However you most probably will not succeed beyond 1750 due to the various wars as all the records were destroyed.

        Shelly Patnaud <shelz59@...> wrote:Before Ellis Island alot of immagrants came into
        --- Tim O <strategem911@...> wrote:

        > Good afternoon all!
        >
        > I've just started researching my family tree & was
        > hoping to get some
        > advice from anyone who may have done a similar
        > search.
        >
        > My Great Great grandfather and grandmother entered
        > the USA sometime
        > around 1870. Where would I search for passenger
        > records by name?
        >
        > They came from Germany, probably Bavaria.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Tim

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT