Okay, I still have no clue but.... HELP

  • jeff scott
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2005
      I have returned to my home state to intro in a new member of the
      family, My Niece MacKenzie. Well, I still can not find anything on my
      great grandfather, Olin Clermon Webb. I have a birth and death date
      plus both of his parents.

      Olin "Dixie" Webb Oct. 1 1916 - Feb. 27 1977.

      His Father: W. M. Webb Aug. 10 1874 - June 9, 1931.
      His Mother: Elizabeth Ayers Webb June 3, 1881 - Apr. 12, 1947.

      All that I can get is what I have. No one in this family remembers
      very much of anything. The ones that would are long since deceased.
      Olin had a broher, Walter, and a sister, Ella Mary (as far as I know.
      Both deceased). (Sarah) Elizabeth was either half or full Native
      American.

      If anyone out there can help. Ancestry.com gives me nothing.

      Please if anyone can help.

      Wikanvirg
    • jbaconsr
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
        All I have so far is Guilford county ,High Point NC
        1930
        William Webb age 55 married @ 18 born NC father born NC
        mother born NC
        Elizabeth age 48 married @32 GA GA GA
        Walter age 17 NC NC GA
        Eller or Ellen age 14 NC NC GA
        Clemon age 13 GA NC GA
        Ive looked around in both GA and NC in 1920, but haven't been able
        to locate them yet. I'll let you know if I do. Good luck.

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "jeff scott"
        <wikanvirg@y...> wrote:

        > I have returned to my home state to intro in a new member of the
        > family, My Niece MacKenzie. Well, I still can not find anything on
        my
        > great grandfather, Olin Clermon Webb. I have a birth and death date
        > plus both of his parents.
        >
        > Olin "Dixie" Webb Oct. 1 1916 - Feb. 27 1977.
        >
        > His Father: W. M. Webb Aug. 10 1874 - June 9, 1931.
        > His Mother: Elizabeth Ayers Webb June 3, 1881 - Apr. 12, 1947.
        >
        > All that I can get is what I have. No one in this family remembers
        > very much of anything. The ones that would are long since deceased.
        > Olin had a broher, Walter, and a sister, Ella Mary (as far as I
        know.
        > Both deceased). (Sarah) Elizabeth was either half or full Native
        > American.
        >
        > If anyone out there can help. Ancestry.com gives me nothing.
        >
        > Please if anyone can help.
        >
        > Wikanvirg
      • karen
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
          Have you tried familysearch.org? It will search the 1880 census as
          part of your search. Do you know what the W. M. stands for? Also
          please list the areas where they lived if you know them. Do you
          know any of W. M.'s or Elizabeth's siblings?

          <wikanvirg@y...> wrote:

          > I have returned to my home state to intro in a new member of the
          > family, My Niece MacKenzie. Well, I still can not find anything on
          my
          > great grandfather, Olin Clermon Webb. I have a birth and death
          date
          > plus both of his parents.
          >
          > Olin "Dixie" Webb Oct. 1 1916 - Feb. 27 1977.
          >
          > His Father: W. M. Webb Aug. 10 1874 - June 9, 1931.
          > His Mother: Elizabeth Ayers Webb June 3, 1881 - Apr. 12, 1947.
          >
          > All that I can get is what I have. No one in this family remembers
          > very much of anything. The ones that would are long since
          deceased.
          > Olin had a broher, Walter, and a sister, Ella Mary (as far as I
          know.
          > Both deceased). (Sarah) Elizabeth was either half or full Native
          > American.
          >
          > If anyone out there can help. Ancestry.com gives me nothing.
          >
          > Please if anyone can help.
          >
          > Wikanvirg
        • Rebecca Betz-Festa
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
            <wikanvirg@y...> wrote:

            > I have returned to my home state to intro in a new member of the
            > family, My Niece MacKenzie. Well, I still can not find anything on
            my
            > great grandfather, Olin Clermon Webb. I have a birth and death date
            > plus both of his parents.
            >
            > Olin "Dixie" Webb Oct. 1 1916 - Feb. 27 1977.
            >
            > His Father: W. M. Webb Aug. 10 1874 - June 9, 1931.
            > His Mother: Elizabeth Ayers Webb June 3, 1881 - Apr. 12, 1947.
            >
            > All that I can get is what I have. No one in this family remembers
            > very much of anything. The ones that would are long since deceased.
            > Olin had a broher, Walter, and a sister, Ella Mary (as far as I
            know.
            > Both deceased). (Sarah) Elizabeth was either half or full Native
            > American.
            >
            > If anyone out there can help. Ancestry.com gives me nothing.
            >
            > Please if anyone can help.
            >
            > Wikanvirg

            Hi Wikanvirg:

            Please remember that the index on Ancestry.com was a transcription,
            done by people who may not have been able to read the original
            microfilm (some of it is very faint)and made a "best guess" at the
            name. Also I have found in my family in the 1800's that they were
            often called by their middle names, and I have found them listed
            under their middle names on the census. You also have to
            be "creative" when searching Ancestry. If you cannot find the person
            you are looking for, search for a family member with a more common
            name. I searched under Walter Webb. Is this your family?

            1930 Census - North Carolina - Guilford - High Point
            District 67 - Image 19 on Ancestry.com (Sheet 10A stamped 148 in
            upper right hand corner)

            Webb, William - head - age (unreadable) - born North carolina - Farmer
            Webb, Elizabeth - wife - age 48 - born in Georgia
            Webb, Walter - son - age 17 - born in North Carolina
            Webb, (Eller) - daughter - age 14 - born in North Carolina
            Webb, (Clermon) - son - age 13 - born in Georgia
            (note: the census was taken prior to October so he is listed as 13
            years old)

            Olin Clermon Webb is also listed in the SS Death Index - you can send
            for a copy of the original application. You should be able to get a
            copy of his death certificate from North Carolina.

            Good luck with your search.

            Rebecca
          • jeff scott
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 8, 2005
              I honestly have no clue. I know that William was W.M. the intials or
              abbrev for william is Wm. See?

              Sarah Elizabeth is apparently from Georgia. And William from NC. I'm
              trying to locate anything on him.

              Olin Clermon Webb was born 10/1/1916. Mary Ella Webb was his older
              sister, she died recently. Walter Webb was their brother.

              I don't know anything about either of my great grandparents. Nadda

              I have a Benjamin Harris(on) Webb, somehow related to us also. I may
              have found that link thanks to another source. A god send really.
              Ben's kids were Felix, Vernon, Mildred and Nina (pronounced NY-na).
              The last died (NY-na) died in the 50's. Felix passed recently as
              well.

              I do know that William was either married and cheated to have Olin
              and gang, or remarried. He has children prior to Walter, Ella and
              Clermon.

              Omri and Belle are the only two my mother can remember. I have a
              census from NC with an Omri Webb and sister Laura (Lauren) B. Webb.
              But no clue how any of them are related to us.

              I only have fragments.

              wikanvirg