Re: [Genealogy Research Club] New Member

  • Debby Beltz
    Message 1 of 93 , Mar 4, 2005
      Linda,
      You can pick either one to start with. If your parents are still living ask them for their parents names, dates ,areas where they lived... get as much information as you can from them about their lives and any family members that they remember. Get full names if known (it's amazing how many people go by different names aka's). You might be able to start with the 1930 census if you know either of your grandparents names and where they were living. It would tell you about aunts and uncles alive at that time if your parents had older brothers or sisters. Then you just work backwards. Here are a few sites for look ups:
      http://www.familysearch.org/
      http://www.genealogy-search-help.com/
      http://www.cob-net.org/genmisc.htm
      http://www.genealogybuff.com/
      http://www.kindredkonnections.com/

      There are many more. This site ( http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/ ) offers free software for storaging your info or you can buy one. I use both Legacy and Familytree 2005. Good luck and ask for help anytime.
      Debby (PA)
      asumii2@...

      Linda Brincefield <lindabrincefield@...> wrote:
      Hi my name is Linda Marie (Perry) Brincefield. I was born in Lansing Michigan in 1957. My parents name is Theopolis Hollis Peryy Sr. and my mothers name is Harriet Nadine (Potter) Perry. My father was born in Union City, Tennessee May 3 1933 and my mother was born in Eaton Rapids Michigan March 4 1933.
      I have never looked up the genology before. And I am not sure on who to do this. Any advice.
      Linda

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • lenardb44
      Message 93 of 93 , Apr 15, 2014

        This article might be helpful
        Lenard

        In a message dated 4/15/2014 2:28:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lwspeggy344@... writes:
        the money & really want to know.
        Did you get connected with anyone who turned out to be related from