Immigration into New York prior to Ellis Island

  • Tim O
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2005
      Good afternoon all!

      I've just started researching my family tree & was hoping to get some
      advice from anyone who may have done a similar search.

      My Great Great grandfather and grandmother entered the USA sometime
      around 1870. Where would I search for passenger records by name?

      They came from Germany, probably Bavaria.

      Thanks!

      Tim