Hi, new to the group & I need help with family names

  • Jacksons
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2005
      Hi, my name is Deborah Jackson and I have been reading your e-mail requests
      and search results for about 2 weeks after joining then. I am new to this
      genealogy research, but am picking up for/with my wonderful mother. I have
      no idea where to begin, so this is what I know:

      My married name is Jackson. I live in North Carolina, where my husband was
      born and raised. This is one search that I am doing on my own. My husband
      s fathers name was J.C. (deceased) his mothers name is Charlotte (Smith)
      (still living). J C was born around 1920-ish. Would have been in his 80's
      today. His father was Alexander Jackson, mother was Ida (Bunnells) of White
      Oak, NC. J C had 6 brothers and sisters, and they ended up residing in St.
      Pauls NC. The curiosity here on the Jackson side is that my husband and two
      of his brothers bear a close resemblance to "Andrew Jackson" one of our
      presidents.

      2nd search with my mother is for her family. She grew up in western
      Nebraska, around the Scottsbluff/Gering area. Her actual town of residence
      was Morrill. Her mother Elsie (Dobrinski) married Henry Adams in the 1930's
      My grandmother was only 14. I can trace the current family. Henry died
      in 1959, the year I was born. In 1963 or 4 grandma married a John
      Schwabauer. What I am looking for is this: The Dobrinski side of the
      family. They immigrated to the US from Germany, through Russia (Prussia?)
      through Canada. My great grandfathers name was Herman Heinrich Dobrinski
      born in 1871, probably in Russia or Germany. He passed away in 1921. My
      Great grandmother was named Elizabeth (Somers), born around 1880, again
      probably in Russia.

      3rd Search for me is my real fathers side of the family. His name was
      Marvin Lavern Hamburger. He resided in Mitchell, NE. He passed away 1964
      when I was 5. His fathers name was Reuben (?) Hamburger. His mothers name
      was Molly (Simons) Hamburger. He had 1 sister and 1 brother, but I have
      lost contact with them over the years. Am trying to reestablish connections
      there. My great grandparents came from Germany I believe through Canada. I
      remember as a kid going to a nursing home to visit my Great Grandfather
      Simons. At the time he seemed to be 100, but my mother says that no, he was
      in his late 80's. He passed away in the late sixties. His name was Phillip
      Simons.

      In summary I am looking for :

      Jackson
      Smith
      Dobrinski
      Adams
      Hamburger
      Simons

      I have gone to Ancestry.com, but get locked out from the details because I
      can't afford to pay the dues. Any help in how to go about this would be
      greatly appreciated.

      Thank you,

      Deborah Jackson
      Fayetteville, NC

    • jbaconsr
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2005
        In 1930 NC Robeson Co St Paul:
        Alex Jackson age 33 m 20 NC NC NC
        Ida age 31 m16 NC NC NC
        Willie age 11 NC NC NC
        Ruby age 10 NC NC NC
        Lonil? age 8 NC NC NC
        J C age 5 NC NC NC
        Marjeret age 3 NC NC NC
        Esther age unk NC NC NC

        1920 NC St Paul
        Alex age 23 NC
        Ida age 22 NC
        William age 1 2/12 NC

        1910 NC St Paul
        Alex age 55 m1 28 NC NC NC
        Elmira age 47 m1 28 7-5 NC NC NC
        George R age 21 Nc NC NC
        Neil W age 20 NC NC NC
        Willia H age 18 NC NC NC
        Alex A age 14 NC NC NC
        Thomas Gibson grandson age 11/12

        1900 NC St Paul
        Alexander Jackson 4/1853 age 47 m19 NC NC NC
        Elmira 5/1853 age 37 m19 7-7 NC NC NC
        Mary 7/1882 NC NC NC
        Fannie 7/1884 NC NC NC
        George R 8/1886 age 13 NC NC NC
        Neil W 10/1889 age 10 NC NC NC
        Willie H 7/1891 age 8 NC NC NC
        James D 2/1896 age 4 NC NC NC
        Alexander 2/1899 age 1 NC NC NC

        1880 NC Baden Co, White Oak Dist 13
        Alex Jackson 24 laborer for William Davis.

        Also in Dist 13 is Elmira Davis d/o Edmund and Caroline
        Davis.Poosibly Alex's wife to be.

        1870 NC White Oak
        G W Jackson age 39 NC
        Mary E age 39 NC
        Alex age 13 NC
        Randolph age 10 NC
        Andrew age 9 NC
        Sarah J age 7 NC
        Ellen E age 5 NC
        Mahalla age 1
        Also Charly Barker ansd fanily.

        1860 NC White Oak
        George W Jackson age 28 NC
        ANNA s (DOMESTIC) AGE 24 nc
        Alex AGE 3 nc
        Mahala AGE 2 nc
        Randolph AGE UKN nc

        1850 NC Lenoir County Unknown Twp.
        Only three Jacksons in NC with George near the right age (1831). The
        other two were 1833.
        Caroll Jackson age 26 NC
        Caroline 28 NC
        Mary E age 23 NC
        George age 19 NC
        Sarah age 17 NC
        Wilson ? age 15 NC
        Shade age 13 NC
        Rebecca age 11 NC
        Major age 10 NC
        Anican ? age 8 NC
        Walter age 3 NC

        I'll check on the other families as time permits.

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jacksons"