chumley family greeley, weld county, colorado

  • thechummers
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2005
      Is there any one who has done research on the Chumley Family of
      greeley, weld county, colorado?

      My father's name was listed as Robert Earl Chumley in the 1930
      census.His father's name was listed as Dora Chumley. Dora's wife was
      listed as Ruth. Other children I know of are Chester, Charles, James,
      Kenneth, Ruth and Helen.

      I am new to all of this genealogy stuff but am excited to find my
      roots.

      Any help you can give me is appriciated.
      Thanks,
      thechummers@...
    • jbaconsr
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2005
        Her is what I found in the census on Chumleys in that area. Hope some
        of this will help.

        1930 CO Weld Co Greeley
        James T. chuley age 54? m30 born IL father born US mother born US
        Ruth E. age 24 m20 CO OH NB
        Ruth H age 15 IL IL IL
        Robert E age 9 CO IL US
        Charles E age 2 3/12th CO IL CO
        (I think the census taker was confused about some of the places of
        birth)

        1920 IL Weld co Greeley
        Dora Chumley age 45 IL IL IL
        Florence Age 32 CA IA IA
        Chester age 7 IL IL CA
        Ruth Hazel age 5 IL IL CA

        1910 IL Montgomery Co Hillsboro twp
        J T Chumley age 37 m1 IL IL IL
        Florence age 22 m1 CA IL IL
        William (brother ) age 34 IL IL IL

        1900 Naval census Cuba
        William L. Chumley Hillsboro IL age 23 born 8/1876 IL IL IL

        IL Montgomery Co Hillsboro
        Gilbert Chumley age 53 9/18xx m25 born IL KY TN
        Mary E. age 40 1/1860 m25 2-2 IL IL IL
        Edward M age 16 7/1883 IL IL IL
        Joseph B age 3 7/1896 IL IL IL

        same town
        Thomas Chumley age 54 9/1845 widowed IL TN IL
        Robert age 20 4/1880 IL IL IL

        IL Sagamon Co Springfield
        Harriett Chumley age 46 3/1854 Widow IL OH OH
        Edith B age 12 11/1880 IL TN IL
        James B age 18 7/1882 IL TN IL
        Clyde age 15 2/1885 IL TN IL
        Blanche age 12 12/1887 Il TN IL

        1880 IL Montgomery Co Hillsboro
        Thomas Chumley age 34 IL TN TN
        Louisa age 31 IL NC KY
        James T age 6 IL IL IL
        William L age 4 IL IL IL
        Robert R age 1/12 IL IL IL

        1870 Hurrican Co Fayette
        John Chumley age 22 IL living w/Alex M Jerdea

        next door
        Gilbert Chumley age 20 IL living w/Holly S Pratter

        1860 Montgomery Co twp 7n-2
        Thomas Chumley age 14 IL w/John Evans

        next door
        Gilbert Chumley age 12 IL w/William Whitter

        1850 IL Montgomery Co Southwest twp
        Edward Chumley age 32 VA
        Sally age 20 TN
        James age 5 IL
        John age 3 IL
        Gilbert age 1 IL

        Same town
        Elizabeth Chumley age 26
        Thomas age 22
        Sally age 20
        Mary age 17
        James age 14
        Robert age 11 Martha age 8
        (I forgot to check where these individuals were born. If you think
        they are related ,let me know, I'll look them back up)

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "thechummers"