surnames

  • Dona
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 5, 2005
      The surnames I am looking for:

      Thimm NY, IL, WI

      Odell NY, IL, WI

      Paul WI

      Pahlisch WI

      Polifka WI, Bohemia

      Simon WI

      Thanks
      Dona
    • NormaJean Hedlund
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 25, 2006
        I hve finally got a list of my surnames together. Thanks to all for
        the help I have received and thank you to the group owner for
        helping make this possible.

        Rinehart
        Ellis
        Matlock
        Edwards
        Ratliff
        Edwards
        Davis
        Duncan
        Morton
        Jasper
        Rogers
        Allen
        Taylor
        Thompson
        Martin
        Glenn
        Neville
        Crum

        My family (Rineharts) originated in Germany. My great, great great
        Grampa Lewis was born in 1750. He came to the US with 2 brothers.
        Aparently to Philadelphia. He married Barbara Wrax (last name not
        positive)and they moved to Tennessee.They had 2 sons, George and
        Lewis jr, and five daughters. Barbara died about 1806. Lewis Sr.
        moved with Lewis Jr to IL. He died there about 1830.
        Great, great Grampa Lewis(Jr) married Elizabeth Ellis. They moved
        from IL to IA to OR. They had 13 children. William Ellis Rinehart
        born on Sept. 26, 1846 in Iowa is my Great grampa. He married
        Elizabeth Martin. Six of their children died between 07/25/1880 and
        08/09/1880 of measles and diphtheria. One week later there baby boy
        died of tick poisoning. They had four children who lived: Willard I
        Rinehart, W.H. Rinehart, Avery Jay Rinehart (my grampa) Mrs. I.A.
        (Rinehart)King.
        My dad was Norman Dale Rinehart

        Any help in finding my (birth)fathers family greatly appreciated. I
        am also hopeing that in some way this will help me find my 5 sisters
        and 2 brothers.
        Good Luck to us all
        NormaJean
      • nancy J Smith
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 25, 2006
          what is your rogers line
          mine are from nc

          NANCY J. SMITH
        • nancy J Smith
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 25, 2006
            what is your rogers line
            <shyotternjh@...> writes:
            > I hve finally got a list of my surnames together. Thanks to all for
            >
            > the help I have received and thank you to the group owner for
            > helping make this possible.
            >
            > Rinehart
            > Ellis
            > Matlock
            > Edwards
            > Ratliff
            > Edwards
            > Davis
            > Duncan
            > Morton
            > Jasper
            > Rogers
            > Allen
            > Taylor
            > Thompson
            > Martin
            > Glenn
            > Neville
            > Crum
            >
            > My family (Rineharts) originated in Germany. My great, great great
            > Grampa Lewis was born in 1750. He came to the US with 2 brothers.
            > Aparently to Philadelphia. He married Barbara Wrax (last name not
            > positive)and they moved to Tennessee.They had 2 sons, George and
            > Lewis jr, and five daughters. Barbara died about 1806. Lewis Sr.
            > moved with Lewis Jr to IL. He died there about 1830.
            > Great, great Grampa Lewis(Jr) married Elizabeth Ellis. They moved
            > from IL to IA to OR. They had 13 children. William Ellis Rinehart
            > born on Sept. 26, 1846 in Iowa is my Great grampa. He married
            > Elizabeth Martin. Six of their children died between 07/25/1880 and
            >
            > 08/09/1880 of measles and diphtheria. One week later there baby boy
            >
            > died of tick poisoning. They had four children who lived: Willard I
            >
            > Rinehart, W.H. Rinehart, Avery Jay Rinehart (my grampa) Mrs. I.A.
            > (Rinehart)King.
            > My dad was Norman Dale Rinehart
            >
            > Any help in finding my (birth)fathers family greatly appreciated. I
            >
            > am also hopeing that in some way this will help me find my 5 sisters
            >
            > and 2 brothers.
            > Good Luck to us all
            > NormaJean

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            NANCY J. SMITH
          • NormaJean Hedlund
            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 26, 2006
              I am not sure of the origination fo the Rogers line.
              My Great Uncle, James H Rinehart, (10/1/1836 IL)
              married Alcinda Rogers on 12/13/1914. Her birthdte was
              04/01/1859 but I have no idea where she was born or
              where they were married. I do know most of my
              relatives ended up in Oregon. I hope this helps.
              NJ

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Clark & Rita Pederson
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 27, 2006
                I'm not sure if I have anything but I found an Alcinda Rogers in the 1880
                and1900 censuses first with a William A. Rogers and then an Asbury Rogers.
                1900 census says she and Asbury were married 28 years. 1880 with children
                John W. 7, Anna A. 5, William M. 3, Joseph 9 months. In 1900 Wesley 27,
                William 22, Rose 18, Jesse 12, Estella 10. 1900 they were in Athens,
                Harrison County Ohio and the same for 1880. Alcinda was 50 years old in
                1900 and 30 in 1880.

                I do not find James or Alcinda in the 1920 census. Since this must have
                been at least a second marriage for both they may have been dead by 1920,
                or they were not indexed properly.

                Don't know if this will help or not.

                _____

                I am not sure of the origination fo the Rogers line.
                My Great Uncle, James H Rinehart, (10/1/1836 IL)
                married Alcinda Rogers on 12/13/1914. Her birthdte was
                04/01/1859 but I have no idea where she was born or
                where they were married. I do know most of my
                relatives ended up in Oregon. I hope this helps.
                NJ

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
                <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>
                &siteid=18621718

                _____

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                * Visit your group "genealogyresearchclub
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genealogyresearchclub> " on the web.

                be>

                _____

              • NormaJean Hedlund
                Message 7 of 21 , Jan 28, 2006
                  thank yo so much that give me a working point James
                  died 12/13/1914 probably in Oregon They married
                  04/01/1859 this group is soo helpful

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • NormaJean Hedlund
                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 5, 2006
                    Nancy,
                    I dont have alot of info yet but:

                    My Great Uncle James Harvey Rinehart b. 10/01/1836 in IL d. 12/13/1914 OR
                    married Alcinda Rogers 04/01/1859 probably in OR
                    I have info stating they had 2 sons:Willard Edward and Harvey Clay
                    They ran a flour mill in "Rinehart Cillage" Union County OR\
                    Also: My sister Shirley Ann Rinehart (adopted last name Buchman)
                    b. 02/21/1945 Juneau, Alaska married Jimmy Darrel Rogers on March 25, 1960 Portland, OR
                    His bd:Dec. 27, 1938 Portland. OR HIs parents were Ewel James Rogers and Pat Hazel Free

                  • Caroline
                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 1, 2008
                      I am researching
                      McLaughlin,Scott,Carter,Lowe,Parker,Lanouette,Landry,Spear,Russell all
                      from the New England area, Nova Scotia,New Brunswick and Quebec. Any
                      one else researching these lines?
                    • joanne
                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 1, 2008
                        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Caroline"
                        <caroline103@...> wrote:

                        > I am researching
                        > McLaughlin,Scott,Carter,Lowe,Parker,Lanouette,Landry,Spear,Russell
                        all
                        > from the New England area, Nova Scotia,New Brunswick and Quebec. Any
                        > one else researching these lines?

                        I have a small few of Russells in my search. I live in New England.
                      • elizabeth stratton
                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 1, 2008
                          RESEARCHING MY MAIDEN NAME OF HORTON,ONLY AT GRANDFATHER BORN IN BERMONDSEY LONDON, 1907, anyone else researching Horton? I am going home to wales for a visit soon and going to do some digging around and asking asking questions,

                          Also i am planning on going to London to see if i can go and buy birth, marriage and death certificates, of my ancestors, anyone done anything like this, and if so what info do i need before hand

                          THANK YOU

                          Elizabeth Horton-stratton

                          you will always miss 100% of the shots you never take
                          "Wayne Gretzky"

                        • Mary E. Conley
                          Message 12 of 21 , Mar 2, 2008
                            I have:

                            2 McLACHLAN's: Elizabeth & Lachlan;

                            14 SCOTT's: Hannah Susan b.1801, J. E. b.abt.1826, Jennie Eads b.1856, W. George b.abt.1862, other 10 are living mostly in Calif;
                            3 CARTER's: Alma b.24 Feb 1897, Emily Caroline d.28 Mar 1940, William b.abt 1870;

                            11 PARKER's: John b.31 Oct 1866, Margaret Ellen b.abt1860, Martha b.abt 1790, Mary Jane (Polly) b.abt.1847, Parcy b.abt.1845, other 6 living;

                            1 SPEAR: G. B. b.abt.1875

                            33 RUSSELL's: Agnes Florine b. 1 Aug 1891, Alva Lavere 26 Aug 1906, Annie Eliza 23 Oct 1867, Benjamin F. b.abt. 1835, Brigham Young b.29 Mar 1854, Cloyd Ellis b.16 Oct 1908, Cyril Glenn b.30 Dep 1897, Daniel Wells b.17 Feb 1864, David Ross b.19 Mar 1887, Earl LaMont b.25 Jan 1900, Elizabeth Vickery b.9 Sep 1862, Ethel Azalea b.12 Apr 1894, Floyd Charles b.1903, Gladys Lucille b.30 May 1896, Grover b.abt. 1894, Heber Chase Kimball b. 27 Sep 1859, Hyrum Smith b.22 Nov 1861, Isaac James b.10 Jun 1866, John Clifford b.28 Nov 1884, John T. b. 27 Jan 1856, Joseph Smith b.23 Dec 1857, Lee b.abt 1920, Marcus b.abt.1815, Virgil b.abt.1920, William Greenwood b.abt.1786, William Melvin b.15 Dec 1888; other 6 are living;

                            Hope someone else connects to these individuals. Contact me at jonesfamily1952@... Mary

                            Caroline <caroline103@...> wrote:
                            I am researching
                            McLaughlin,Scott,Carter,Lowe,Parker,Lanouette,Landry,Spear,Russell all
                            from the New England area, Nova Scotia,New Brunswick and Quebec. Any
                            one else researching these lines?

                          • maryann
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 13 5:51 AM
                              I have a list of family names of Johnston co, NC I'd like some help
                              with. But this is also shared info for the ones looking for these
                              surnames. Some of the info came from Sampson Co. Historical Society
                              The Turley family I am hitting a brick wall . I don't know anything
                              about Richard and where he came from or his parents, I do have a handed
                              down story but I am not sure its factual. I would like to try and find
                              info on this family if possible. It is possible he came from Ireland(
                              the part of the story he was kidnapped from there and was in VA for a
                              time) And the children out of wedlock? what about these, isn't
                              commonlaw in those times? I have a whole lot of gaps that I sure would
                              like to find info on any or all of these names. Any help is greatly
                              appreciated. Mary Grether Richard Turley m Mary Peal 1788 Children:
                              Thomas b1793 m #1 Patience Brady in 1819 #2 Ridley Ellis in 1858
                              Thomas may have moved to Tenn, his son may have een a judge Richard
                              Turley b 1801 m Elizabeth Farrar sons William, m Elizabeth Holland
                              children: Catherine m William Farrar #2 Jamey Braddy Zelphia m James
                              Hilliard Judith had children but unkn father Viney ( had anout of
                              wedlock child, name unknwn) later m James Smith Grace Turley (several
                              out of wedlock children) my ggreat grandfather( not sure of this)Samuel
                              Mosley( Moses) b 1812 Penny m Matthew Higgs(Hicks) Sanford m Elizabeth
                              Swearigen Samuel Moses was bound to be an Apprentice to Ruben Dodd he
                              died 1866 he married Lively Ellis they had Candice m Charles W Lee
                              Eugenia m Issac Dodd JOel B m ? Mary E m? Indiana m? Ridley Penelope m
                              John Calvin Jones
                              ........................................................................\
                              .......................... Wiley R Parrish m Caroline Lassiter(Reddish)
                              James Atlas Parrish b 1870 d 1918 married Etta Jones b 1873 d 1950
                              children Maude b 1898 m Ashley Mcelveen d 1980 ( had two children)
                              Maggie b 1898 m Fred Gooch d 1990 (had 7 children) Talmadge b1900
                              mLOttie Talton Dexter b1906 m Letah Garris Robert Wiley b 1914 b Annie
                              Woodard Jessie b 1910 m ?
                              Calvin Jones b 1841 d 1914 (his father was william Jones/ mother Sally
                              Simpkins) m Penny Turley b 1849 d 1900 Children Delia b 1870 m Neil
                              Spencer( or Spence) #2 Williams(?) Etta b 1872 m James Atlas Parrish
                              John W M (Col.) b 1874 m Nancy Ellis Nellie b 1877 d before 1900 Maor b
                              1880 m Alma Adams Jessie b 1883 (?) Herman b 1887 m (?) Hubert b 1891 m
                              Eva Wilder