Re: [Genealogy Research Club] have you ever heard of..

  • Melissa Abel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2005
      No, I certainly have not and don't believe they could have any legal standing to stop you. State laws vary, but I see absolutely no reason why someone can't take pictures, and for that matter, publish those pictures if they wanted to. Not sure if your state has a public information official that monitors open door laws, etc., but I would lodge a complaint with someone. In Indiana, even cemeteries on privately held land must make provisions for family visitation. Now perhaps rubbings or something that actually requires handling of tombstones would be limited. We have a very large cemetery here in Indianapolis that holds a photography contest every two years. It's great advertisement for the cemetery and they encourage people to use the miles of trails with no traffic for walkers, bikers, etc. ....Melissa in Indianapolis