Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Thanks for your help..can I help you ?

  • Stephanie
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2005
      Ok As far as Higgs goes it was my grandmother's maiden name, and as
      a child I was told many stories of the Higgs castle and how I was
      royalty. Every little girl's dream. My Aunt is the only one left in
      our family from that side who remembers the history and she is
      sending me some things from the archieves. It does sound like we are
      talking about the same line, because in my tree it split where some
      of the family ended up in Germany and then over to America. I know
      that they arrived here in about the same time frame you are talking
      and only some of the family came in to settle in the states while
      others are scattered. I am absolutely fascinated with how we may be
      able to help one another. please email me with your info and I will
      see if I can tie them in anywhere with mine. Hopefully we can figure
      this out togehter.

      -- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dalene"
      <voodoo_witchy_woman@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Stephanie,
      >
      > Where do you trace your Higgs lines back to? I can trace mine back
      to the
      > Bahamas to a certain point and then I hit a brick wall. The first
      Higgs I
      > find record of in the Bahamas was a Loyalist and he received a land
      grant
      > there. I only go back four generations in my Higgs information and
      haven't
      > found the connection to that first Higgs yet. But there are other
      > possibilities as there are Higgs in Bermuda and here in the USA
      also. I do
      > know I have some distant cousins scattered across the southern USA
      that
      > descended from Bahamians that came to Key West in the mid 1800s.
      >
      > According to what my uncle thinks the Higgs or Higges family we
      came from
      > was originally in Yorkshire. He says he has even seen the ruins of
      a Higgs
      > castle there, but I haven't found anyone else that knows about one.
      I have
      > found Higgs in France and Germany around the early 1600s. I have
      also found
      > several Higgs in old muster rolls for the revolutionary war on the
      American
      > side. So it is possible that they are all related from a common
      ancestor
      > during the time frame of settlement of USA to the revolutionary
      war.

      > Thanks,
      > Dalene

      Service.

    • Dalene
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2005
        Hi Stephanie,

        Your email is marked as private so could you send your email address to me
        at voodoo_witchy_woman@...?

        Dalene

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 9, 2005
          Darlene,
          You sent this message to me instead of Stephanie
          Darlene
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor