Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Thanks for your help..can I help you ?

  • Dalene
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2005
      Hi Stephanie,

      Where do you trace your Higgs lines back to? I can trace mine back to the
      Bahamas to a certain point and then I hit a brick wall. The first Higgs I
      find record of in the Bahamas was a Loyalist and he received a land grant
      there. I only go back four generations in my Higgs information and haven't
      found the connection to that first Higgs yet. But there are other
      possibilities as there are Higgs in Bermuda and here in the USA also. I do
      know I have some distant cousins scattered across the southern USA that
      descended from Bahamians that came to Key West in the mid 1800s.

      According to what my uncle thinks the Higgs or Higges family we came from
      was originally in Yorkshire. He says he has even seen the ruins of a Higgs
      castle there, but I haven't found anyone else that knows about one. I have
      found Higgs in France and Germany around the early 1600s. I have also found
      several Higgs in old muster rolls for the revolutionary war on the American
      side. So it is possible that they are all related from a common ancestor
      during the time frame of settlement of USA to the revolutionary war.

      Thanks,
      Dalene

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2005
        Ok As far as Higgs goes it was my grandmother's maiden name, and as
        a child I was told many stories of the Higgs castle and how I was
        royalty. Every little girl's dream. My Aunt is the only one left in
        our family from that side who remembers the history and she is
        sending me some things from the archieves. It does sound like we are
        talking about the same line, because in my tree it split where some
        of the family ended up in Germany and then over to America. I know
        that they arrived here in about the same time frame you are talking
        and only some of the family came in to settle in the states while
        others are scattered. I am absolutely fascinated with how we may be
        able to help one another. please email me with your info and I will
        see if I can tie them in anywhere with mine. Hopefully we can figure
        this out togehter.

        -- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dalene"

        Service.

      • Dalene
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2005
          Hi Stephanie,

          Your email is marked as private so could you send your email address to me
          at voodoo_witchy_woman@...?

          Dalene

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 9, 2005
            Darlene,
            You sent this message to me instead of Stephanie
            Darlene
[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor