roll call

  • kaye2974
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 27, 2005
      hi i am emmy from texas. the names i am researching are
      crumpler=texas
      michaux/minchew=virginia
      cook=texas
      fowler=texas
    • mylesjillian
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
        I am intereted in the following surnames:

        Pearce
        Young
        French
        Dever (Diver) from Ireland
        Muddle
      • glenda brown
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
          I am researching the Stover surname, who I am looking for is a Rosezzta Stover. Don't know her married name. She was my Grandfathers sister, he lost contact with her when he left home to find work after his dad died. His parents names were Edward D. Stover, & Eliza Whisenhunt, last know where abouts was the Casa Arkansas area. Thanks
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 30, 2005
            All I found was this........

            (SERIES: T624 ROLL: 56 PAGE: 167)

            1010-ARKANSAS-LOGAN COUNTY-RIVER TWP

            92-121-121-STOVER, EDWARD D. -HEAD-M-W-56-WD-ARKANSAS-PENNSYLVANIA-PENNSYLVANIA-PILOT-FERRY BOAT-

            93-121-121-STOVER, JAMES -SON -M-W-16-S -ARKANSAS-MISSOURI-ARKANSAS-NONE-

            94-121-121-STOVER, ROSIE -DAU -F-W-14-S -ARKANSAS-MISSOURI-ARKANSAS-NONE-

          • glenda brown
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 31, 2005
              Thank you very much. Can you tell me what year this was and where you found it?
              92-121-121-STOVER, EDWARD D. -HEAD-M-W-56-WD-ARKANSAS-PENNSYLVANIA-PENNSYLVANIA-PILOT-FERRY BOAT-

              93-121-121-STOVER, JAMES -SON -M-W-16-S -ARKANSAS-MISSOURI-ARKANSAS-NONE-

              94-121-121-STOVER, ROSIE -DAU -F-W-14-S -ARKANSAS-MISSOURI-ARKANSAS-NONE-

            • Mary Lou
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 1, 2005
                glenda brown <glenda@...> wrote:Thank you very much. Can you tell me what year this was and where you found it?
                92-121-121-STOVER, EDWARD D. -HEAD-M-W-56-WD-ARKANSAS-PENNSYLVANIA-PENNSYLVANIA-PILOT-FERRY BOAT-

                93-121-121-STOVER, JAMES -SON -M-W-16-S -ARKANSAS-MISSOURI-ARKANSAS-NONE-

                94-121-121-STOVER, ROSIE -DAU -F-W-14-S -ARKANSAS-MISSOURI-ARKANSAS-NONE-

              • Karen Minnemeyer
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 9, 2005
                  Here is a partial list of my surnames. For some I
                  have a great deal of info, for others very little.
                  Glassbrenner, Germany, Pennsylvania
                  Ritter (Anna), Germany
                  Fishcher (Elizabeha), Pennsylvania
                  Glassburn, PA, VA, & IN
                  Carpenter (Elizabeth), VA & IN
                  Persinger (Mary), VA & IN
                  Parnell (Margaret), KY & IN
                  Doty (Victoria), NY (?) & IN
                  Minnemyer, IN
                  Dunn (Elizabeth), PA & IN
                  Smear, IN
                  Fletcher, IN
                  Strubb, IN

                  Thank You,
                  Karen

                  =====
                  Karen E. Minnemeyer
                  kamiki1@...

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                • Dee
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 10, 2005
                    My brick wall is JOHN RANDOLPH HUGGINS (or HUGGANS).
                    He was born 20 June 1813 in VA and died 20 Jun 1903 in
                    WV.

                    I found him on the Proctor District Wetzel County 1860
                    census as JOHN B. HOGENS. On the (also Proctor
                    District) 1870 census, his name was JOHN R. HEGGINS.
                    On the (again Proctor District) 1880 census, his name
                    was JOHN R. HUGGANS. (He spelled his name Huggans
                    although it was Huggins - some of his sons did the
                    same).

                    According to Charles E. Huggins' book ("Huggins
                    families of western Pennsylvania and northern West
                    Virginia"):

                    "John used to work as a Riverboat pilot on the Ohio
                    river (as well as being a farmer).

                    John and Ann's first child was born 1852. It is not
                    known why their names were not included in the Wetzel
                    Co., WV census record taken in 1850.

                    John was said to have come down the Ohio River with
                    two of his brothers. According to Bud Huggins (now
                    deceased) of Martinsville, WV, the brothers decided to
                    split up. One went south, one went west while John
                    settled at Procotor's Run.

                    Since John's birthplace was given as "born in VA", it
                    seems that his parents should have been listed in one
                    of the up-river VA counties from where John settled,
                    which would narrow the list of possible counties to
                    Ohio and Brooke counties of VA in the panhandle - Ohio
                    River area of VA (now WV). Hancock County was part of
                    Brooke County until 1848. The only Huggins family
                    recorded in the 1920 census of that area was Thomas
                    and Catherine (Stroop) Huggins who settled in the Ohio
                    Co., VA area which is now Marshall County.

                    John was totally blind during his later years. They
                    struck oil on his farm after John told a man by the
                    name of Mr. Benedum to place his finger on his pulse
                    and, although blind, he led Mr. Benedum to the spot
                    where he wanted him to drill the well. Benedum leased
                    the land and found oil where John had told him it
                    would be."

                    John was married to ANNA BARBARA EDDY. He married her
                    when he was 48 years old so I wonder if he had been
                    married previously. Did he have other children??

                    I really hoped I'd be able to go back a few more
                    generations on the Huggins side as I have with other
                    ancestors.

                    John R. is my biggest brick wall - I would love to
                    break through it!

                    dee
                  • Dee
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 10, 2005
                      The bulk of my ancestors were from VA (or VA prior to
                      WV statehood in 1863).

                      HUGGINS: John Randolph, Oliver T., Gansen Eddy,
                      Sanford, Armina, Thomas, Cyrus, Francis Marion, Wiley
                      Webster, Curtis Wiley, Orville Ray.

                      EDDY: Anna Barbara, Gowen, Prudence, George W.,
                      Nancy, Alexander (b. NJ), Gorien (b. NJ) & John (b.
                      NJ).

                      DUNHAM: The first I know of was David (b. 1785-1790)
                      who had 2 sons (James and Richard born 1819 and 1821).
                      James married Mary Ann Goodrich and they had 10
                      children (George, Anthony, Catherine, James M., Mary ,
                      Eliza Jane, John L., Nelson, Samuel D. & Walter). My
                      ancestor was Nelson who was born 6 Sep 1861 and died
                      30 Oct 1928.

                      Nelson Dunham married Prudence A. Blake and they had 8
                      children (Hanna, Emma Leota, Henry W., Nathan, Levi
                      Titus, Austie V., Frank and Joseph F.) My ancestor
                      was Emma Leota who was born 7 Jan 1885 and died 29 Dec
                      1947).

                      Emma Leota Dunham married Wiley Webster Huggins.

                      I wish I could reach back before David Dunham. Also,
                      I don't have very much info on the siblings to my
                      direct Dunham ancestors.

                      Thanks,
                      dee