Re: [Genealogy Research Club] roll call

  • amber zammit
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 26, 2005
      Hello from Australia
      My name is Amber
      and the surnames i am researching are
      Mitselburg
      Hayes
      Lyons
      Daley (daly)
      and Zammit
      all situated in nsw/vic australia with the exception of Zammit which
      started in Malta
      regards
      amber zammit

    • marti8354@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 27, 2005
        Hi, I am researching the following surnames-
        Dodane
        Monnot
        Merillat
        Rathert

        All are from Ohio, Indiana, & Michigan.

        Marti
      • crowellbyron@cox.net
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 27, 2005
          hi- the name that I am looking for is my grandfathers. HEWETT- my grandfather was Alfred L. Hewett from Fort Madison,Ia.- his brother was Frank J. and there was an Edward (all from Fort Madison). Their parents were Frank and Dorothea/Dorothy (or Dora)-she was from Germany and he is listed on the census as from Iowa.Any info would be great, t.i.a. debbie

          > From: Back2rRoots@...
          > Date: 2005/01/26 Wed PM 05:31:44 EST
          > To: africanamericangenealogy@yahoogroups.com,
          > blacksingenealogy@yahoogroups.com, ga-afrigeneas@yahoogroups.com,
          > jefferson-county@yahoogroups.com,
          > genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, aagenealogy@yahoogroups.com,
          > genealogyofblackamerica@yahoogroups.com,
          > alabamagenealogy@yahoogroups.com, pa-afrigeneas@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] roll call

        • Mary Lou
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 27, 2005
            Those are just some of my surnames..
            MASSEY was the Canadian spelling...MASSCEY spelled that way from NY to all over, including Iowa
            VARNER from German, PA, OH, IOWA My mother's dad was Arthur B. Varner who married Carrie Mae Arterberry.
            His ancestors were Adam Peter Varner, John VARNER, Sr., Isaac, Armstrong then Grandpa Art.....

            RANNALS: this is my brickwall. Thomas RANNALS b. 22 Jan 1853 either in OH or PA to unknown parents. He was fostered by John WADDLE, b. CANADA moved to PA married Eliza CAMPBELL in PA.....the parents left Thomas with the Waddles and disappeared. They either abandoned him or died en route to Iowa. By 1860 the Waddles moved to Jackson Co., Iowa. Thomas RANNALS married Adelia Anna "ANNIE" BARKLEY in Jackson Co., IOWA.

            MERRICK: from New Jersey with Jonathan MERRICK who married Ursula FAIRCHILD. Then their son, Jeremiah who married Rebecca COOPER; their son Lewis MERRICK who married Maria(h) WHITE, dau of Matthew White (parents unknown) and Jeremiah Merrick's sister, Phoebe MERRICK....so Lewis and Maria(h) were 1st cousins....;
            then their son Dennis LeRoy MERRICK who married Susan "MESA" EASTMAN......then their daughter, Mary Marie MERRICK who married twice: #1 Thomas "TOM" ARTERBERRY; #2 William "BILL" Thomas Hill...;
            then daughter, Carrie Mae ARTERBERRY, who married Arthur B. Varner.....;then my mother, deceased in 1979, Betty Lou VARNER who married my dad, Carl Eugene MASSCEY/MASSEY....then me, Mary Lou
            Any relatives????

            Hope I didnt post tooo much!
            Thanks.
            Mary Lou

            marti8354@... wrote:
            Hi, I am researching the following surnames-
            Dodane
            Monnot
            Merillat
            Rathert

            All are from Ohio, Indiana, & Michigan.

            Marti

          • kaye2974
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 27, 2005
              hi i am emmy from texas. the names i am researching are
              crumpler=texas
              michaux/minchew=virginia
              cook=texas
              fowler=texas
            • Dalene
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 27, 2005
                Hi all,

                My name is Dalene Key and I reside in the DFW area in Texas. I have many
                names I looking for but I will try to give a brief overview.

                HIGGS - from the Bahamas, Bermuda, England and the USA
                also many of the families that married into or the Higgs
                married-
                Bethel(l), Johnson, Albury, Sears and several others from the

                Bahamas/Key West area

                Long/Lange - was originally Lange when came to the USA from what is
                now part of Germany

                Smyrl - originally from Ireland I do believe, I've traced back to South
                Carolina
                but have hit a brick wall

                Low(e) - originally from Scotland I believe, also may have descendants in
                the Bahamas

                Key - I have documentation of the family line back through Francis Scott Key
                and into
                England but would like to be able to go further back

                Keel - I have hardly anything on this name, it is my husband's mothers'
                maiden name
                and she was born in northern Texas

                Thanks,
                Dalene

              • mylesjillian
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
                  I am intereted in the following surnames:

                  Pearce
                  Young
                  French
                  Dever (Diver) from Ireland
                  Muddle
                • glenda brown

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 30, 2005
                      All I found was this........

                      (SERIES: T624 ROLL: 56 PAGE: 167)

                      1010-ARKANSAS-LOGAN COUNTY-RIVER TWP

                      92-121-121-STOVER, EDWARD D. -HEAD-M-W-56-WD-ARKANSAS-PENNSYLVANIA-PENNSYLVANIA-PILOT-FERRY BOAT-

                      93-121-121-STOVER, JAMES -SON -M-W-16-S -ARKANSAS-MISSOURI-ARKANSAS-NONE-

                      94-121-121-STOVER, ROSIE -DAU -F-W-14-S -ARKANSAS-MISSOURI-ARKANSAS-NONE-

                    • glenda brown

                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 1, 2005
                          glenda brown <glenda@...> wrote:Thank you very much. Can you tell me what year this was and where you found it?
                          92-121-121-STOVER, EDWARD D. -HEAD-M-W-56-WD-ARKANSAS-PENNSYLVANIA-PENNSYLVANIA-PILOT-FERRY BOAT-

                          93-121-121-STOVER, JAMES -SON -M-W-16-S -ARKANSAS-MISSOURI-ARKANSAS-NONE-

                          94-121-121-STOVER, ROSIE -DAU -F-W-14-S -ARKANSAS-MISSOURI-ARKANSAS-NONE-

                        • Karen Minnemeyer
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 9, 2005
                            Here is a partial list of my surnames. For some I
                            have a great deal of info, for others very little.
                            Glassbrenner, Germany, Pennsylvania
                            Ritter (Anna), Germany
                            Fishcher (Elizabeha), Pennsylvania
                            Glassburn, PA, VA, & IN
                            Carpenter (Elizabeth), VA & IN
                            Persinger (Mary), VA & IN
                            Parnell (Margaret), KY & IN
                            Doty (Victoria), NY (?) & IN
                            Minnemyer, IN
                            Dunn (Elizabeth), PA & IN
                            Smear, IN
                            Fletcher, IN
                            Strubb, IN

                            Thank You,
                            Karen

                            =====
                            Karen E. Minnemeyer
                            kamiki1@...

                            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                          • Dee
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 10, 2005
                              My brick wall is JOHN RANDOLPH HUGGINS (or HUGGANS).
                              He was born 20 June 1813 in VA and died 20 Jun 1903 in
                              WV.

                              I found him on the Proctor District Wetzel County 1860
                              census as JOHN B. HOGENS. On the (also Proctor
                              District) 1870 census, his name was JOHN R. HEGGINS.
                              On the (again Proctor District) 1880 census, his name
                              was JOHN R. HUGGANS. (He spelled his name Huggans
                              although it was Huggins - some of his sons did the
                              same).

                              According to Charles E. Huggins' book ("Huggins
                              families of western Pennsylvania and northern West
                              Virginia"):

                              "John used to work as a Riverboat pilot on the Ohio
                              river (as well as being a farmer).

                              John and Ann's first child was born 1852. It is not
                              known why their names were not included in the Wetzel
                              Co., WV census record taken in 1850.

                              John was said to have come down the Ohio River with
                              two of his brothers. According to Bud Huggins (now
                              deceased) of Martinsville, WV, the brothers decided to
                              split up. One went south, one went west while John
                              settled at Procotor's Run.

                              Since John's birthplace was given as "born in VA", it
                              seems that his parents should have been listed in one
                              of the up-river VA counties from where John settled,
                              which would narrow the list of possible counties to
                              Ohio and Brooke counties of VA in the panhandle - Ohio
                              River area of VA (now WV). Hancock County was part of
                              Brooke County until 1848. The only Huggins family
                              recorded in the 1920 census of that area was Thomas
                              and Catherine (Stroop) Huggins who settled in the Ohio
                              Co., VA area which is now Marshall County.

                              John was totally blind during his later years. They
                              struck oil on his farm after John told a man by the
                              name of Mr. Benedum to place his finger on his pulse
                              and, although blind, he led Mr. Benedum to the spot
                              where he wanted him to drill the well. Benedum leased
                              the land and found oil where John had told him it
                              would be."

                              John was married to ANNA BARBARA EDDY. He married her
                              when he was 48 years old so I wonder if he had been
                              married previously. Did he have other children??

                              I really hoped I'd be able to go back a few more
                              generations on the Huggins side as I have with other
                              ancestors.

                              John R. is my biggest brick wall - I would love to
                              break through it!

                              dee
                            • Dee
                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 10, 2005
                                The bulk of my ancestors were from VA (or VA prior to
                                WV statehood in 1863).

                                HUGGINS: John Randolph, Oliver T., Gansen Eddy,
                                Sanford, Armina, Thomas, Cyrus, Francis Marion, Wiley
                                Webster, Curtis Wiley, Orville Ray.

                                EDDY: Anna Barbara, Gowen, Prudence, George W.,
                                Nancy, Alexander (b. NJ), Gorien (b. NJ) & John (b.
                                NJ).

                                DUNHAM: The first I know of was David (b. 1785-1790)
                                who had 2 sons (James and Richard born 1819 and 1821).
                                James married Mary Ann Goodrich and they had 10
                                children (George, Anthony, Catherine, James M., Mary ,
                                Eliza Jane, John L., Nelson, Samuel D. & Walter). My
                                ancestor was Nelson who was born 6 Sep 1861 and died
                                30 Oct 1928.

                                Nelson Dunham married Prudence A. Blake and they had 8
                                children (Hanna, Emma Leota, Henry W., Nathan, Levi
                                Titus, Austie V., Frank and Joseph F.) My ancestor
                                was Emma Leota who was born 7 Jan 1885 and died 29 Dec
                                1947).

                                Emma Leota Dunham married Wiley Webster Huggins.

                                I wish I could reach back before David Dunham. Also,
                                I don't have very much info on the siblings to my
                                direct Dunham ancestors.

                                Thanks,
                                dee