Roll Call

  • sugarbelle62452
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 26, 2005
      Hello ,
      I am reserching - Dabbs - Knowles - Clayton - Haynes - Britt - Vines -
      Vickers - Duck - East - Coker - Boon - Pless - Ray - Stager - and
      Milner in different spellings ie Miller , Miliner - Bailey

      Most wanted info on John Milner and Malindia Bailey who married in
      Meriweather Ga , March 19 , 1840 . From there they might of moved to
      Harris County Ga and then to Tallapoosa County Alabama .

      Would like to know Johns full name and also Malindia's full name .

      Areas connected to Georgia ( Harris and Meriweather County and
      Tallapoosa - Chambers and Lee County in Alabama
    • lauredogg2000
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 27, 2005
        Hello, I am researching these surnames:

        Bristow, Cabellero/Labrada/Veloz from Mexico City, Mexico. Gersdorff
        from Germany, Grissett, Huebner from Poland and Germany, Kalm family
        from Kansas, Maddox, McMichael, Pearson family from Arkansas,
        Oklahoma and California, Reding/Redding from North Carolina, &
        Arkansas, Reddick, from Kansas, Reynolds, from Tennessee & Arkansas,
        Ricks from Georgia then moved to Texas, Rogers from Tennessee &
        Arkansas. Thanks, laurie
      • Amy
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 27, 2005
          Hi,

          My name is Amy from Columbus, MS and these are the surnames
          I am researching.

          James Monroe Simpson from TN possibly Ruthorford born March 26, 1842
          and died August 22, 1919. Married Elizabeth Carnathan. They
          lived in MS.
          - father was J.M. Simspon Sr. or Matthew Simpson?
          - Mother was Nancy Carr or Kerr?
          - Would love any info on his parents if possible

          Valentine Day born around 1813 in Ky and moved on to Missouri
          (married here in 1837 and 1st 3 children born here)
          and then TX where he died around 1852. Would love any info
          on his parents or possible siblings. He was a blacksmith
          in TX.

          Minerva Oaks Day born around 1816 in Indiana and moved on to
          Missouri where she married Valentine Day in 1837 and moved
          on to Texas where she remarried a John Collins when Valentine
          died

          Hugh Dupree - born around 1837 in GA and died in 1901 in
          Alabama. Married a Tempest Unknown and later to Sarah
          Jane Rye in 1885. Had 2 sons Marion and Orlander by Sarah
          and a daughter Mary Jane.

          Nancy Jane Rodgers born in AL around 1823 and died in 1867
          in Kemper Co. MS. Was married to Tandy Clark Key Bostick.
          Father was John and had a brother by the name of Joshua or
          Joseph?

          Joseph Kelly born in Ireland (possibly Limerick)around 1824
          and came to america in 1851. Brother Michael and possibly
          John.
          Settled in MS (Monroe Co. and later Lee). Married
          Bridget Manni on June 17 1852. Died June 11, 1901 in
          Lee Co., MS.

          Bridget Mannix born in Ireland (possibly Limerick)December 1833.
          Came to
          America with brother John and settled in MS. John later
          moved to VA and was there during Civil War. She married
          Joseph Kelly. She died February 12, 1914 in Lee Co., MS

          Jesse Summers Sr. born in TN around Oct. 1804 and died Sept.
          7, 1878 in Leake Co., MS. Would love more info on his
          parent if possible or any siblings. Married an
          Elizabeth Unknown.

          Moses Carnathan was born between 1810 and 1820. Possibly NC or GA
          Married Susanna Scott late 1830s in Savannah GA. In 1840 were
          in Stewart County GA with one child. Settled in MS where he
          died before 1850. Father possibly William from NC? Possible
          brother John?

          Susanna Scott was born in GA in 1823. Here mother was a Landrum.
          She died 0n Dec. 28, 1916 and is buried in Lee Co., MS beside
          her husband. Possible sister of Susanna married a man by
          the name of Jack Champion.

          Also researching surnames of following:

          Jeffreys
          Monts
          Payne
          Giddens
          Dupree
          Rye
          Gilmore
          Kelly
          Summers
          Reed
          Day
          Oaks
          Carnathan
          Simpson
          Francis

          Bostick
          Luke
          Fox

          Any help would be greatly appreciated and would be happy to pass on
          any info I have as well.

          Thank you,

          Amy
        • arledian ..
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 8, 2005
            Hello everyone... Hope you all had a good holiday season...

            Some of the surnames that I'm researching at the moment...

            DALEY - Ireland > Canada (NF-ONT-AB)
            MARTZ - Germany > USA (WI-MN) > Canada
            RESCH - Germany > USA (WI-MN)
            BENZMUELLER - Germany > USA (WI-MN)
            RAFFERTY - Ireland > Canada (ONT-AB) > USA

            A few others that I'm also working on...

            BRUYNOOGHE
            REDEKOPP
            BOWIE
            CHESHIRE

            As always,
            Jessica
          • Suanne
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 9, 2005
              Names I am researching:

              Barber-- MD, IL

              Pinkstone--MD

              Duffield--PA, MD

              Poffenberger PA, MD, IL

              Miller--MD

              Palmer/Palmore/Balmer--PA, MD, IL

              Welty--MD, IL

              Moats/Motz--MD, IL

              Zellers--MD, IL

              Williams--Mass, OH, IL

              Williams--NY, OH, IL, WI

              Groff/Graf-NY, IL, OR

              Moss--PA, IL

              Haskell--NY, OH, IL
            • Sinnamon
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 9, 2005
                Hello, I'm a new member.

                My name is Sinnamon (real first name), I'm named for my Grandfather. His last name was Sinnamon, has anyone come across any Sinnamon's? Very little is known about him, except his name was Henery and he lived in Illionos. He was married to a Emma Culver.

                Thank you so much for any help.

                SinnaI

              • tolksteel@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 10, 2005
                  I found this record. I hope it helps to at least get you started.

                  Tina

                  Title: Index to Marriage Records 1844 - 1920 Inclusive Volume I
                  Letters A To G Inclusive
                  Record Location: Howard County, Indiana
                  W. P. A. Original Record Located: County Clerk's Office Kokomo
                  Compiled By Indiana Works Progress Administration 1939
                  Spouse 1: Emma Culver
                  Spouse 2: Henry Sinnamon
                  Marriage Date: 26 Oct 1837
                  County: Howard
                  Book: C- 5
                  Original Source Page: 426

                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Sinnamon"
                  <falcon01@d...> wrote:
                  > Hello, I'm a new member.
                  >
                  > My name is Sinnamon (real first name), I'm named for my
                  Grandfather. His last name was Sinnamon, has anyone come across any
                  Sinnamon's? Very little is known about him, except his name was
                  Henery and he lived in Illionos. He was married to a Emma Culver.

                  > Thank you so much for any help.
                  >
                  > SinnaI

                • highlandgranny
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 10, 2005
                    Hi,

                    You might be interested that Rootsweb.com has a mailing list for SINNAMON.

                    http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/surname/s/sinnamon.html

                    There is also a mailing list but it is not very active.

                    http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=board&r=rw&p=surnames.sinnamon

                    Sinnamon wrote on 02/09/2005, 11:41 PM:

                    > Hello, I'm a new member.
                    >
                    > My name is Sinnamon (real first name), I'm named for my
                    > Grandfather. His last name was Sinnamon, has anyone come across any
                    > Sinnamon's? Very little is known about him, except his name was
                    > Henery and he lived in Illionos. He was married to a Emma Culver.
                    >
                    > Thank you so much for any help.
                    >
                    > SinnaI

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Rita Maury
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 10, 2005
                      Where do your Sinnamon's come from? Rita maury
                      My name is Sinnamon (real first name), I'm named for my Grandfather. His last name was Sinnamon, has anyone come across any Sinnamon's? Very little is known about him, except his name was Henery and he lived in Illionos. He was married to a Emma Culver.

                      Thank you so much for any help.

                      SinnaI

                      http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718<http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    • Faye Parker
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 10, 2005
                        I have at least 300 surnames am researching in Sumner County TN from 1790-today, or Smith County TN. 1790's-1860 then Sumner County TN.

                        "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
                        by Lazarus Long

                        fuzzy-brandy-butter-elf *giggle* proud member of the IBSSG

                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 10, 2005
                          Thank you, I will check them out. I'm thrilled to even find Sinnamon's
                          Sinna

                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 10, 2005
                            Where do your Sinnamon's come from?

                            Rita, we don't have a lot of information on my Great Grandpareents. My Grandfather died at a young age. My father never knew them. Tina found him in IN. I've been told he was Irish. Dad thinks that after Henry died Grandma married a Bunn.

                            Sinna

                          • Amy Bostick
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 14, 2005
                              I am looking for my GGG-Grandfather Jesse Summers who
                              was born in TN around early 1800s. Married an
                              Elizabeth. Had sons including Greenberry, Lazarus and
                              my GG-Grandfather Jesse, Jr.. Any help is
                              appreciated.

                              Thanks,
                              Amy
                              --- Faye Parker <fairplay51@...> wrote:

                              > I have at least 300 surnames am researching in
                              > Sumner County TN from 1790-today, or Smith County
                              > TN. 1790's-1860 then Sumner County TN.
                              >

                              > "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
                              > by Lazarus Long
                              >
                              > fuzzy-brandy-butter-elf *giggle* proud member of the
                              > IBSSG

                              > removed]

                              http://mail.yahoo.com
                            • fad582000
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 20, 2005
                                Hello Sinnamon

                                I don't know if this is in anyway relevant but the suburb in which I
                                live is called Sinnamon Park which is in Brisbane Australia. The
                                whole area was named after Hercules Sinnamon who emigrated from
                                Ireland in the late 1800s. The park directly across from us is
                                called Portadown park and his descendants still live in the area.
                                He left much of the land that he owned to charaties and my mother
                                lives in the Sinnamon Park Retirement Village.

                                Does your relative have Irish connections?

                                Fiona
                              • Traci
                                Message 15 of 16 , Apr 23, 2009
                                  I am searching the following surnames, mostly in Georgia:

                                  Roberts
                                  Holden
                                  Peace
                                  Tomlin
                                  Bridges
                                  Workman
                                  Rountree
                                  Hanes

                                  Anybody out there with any of these? Please contact me so we can compare notes.
                                  Traci R.
                                • jamesr23@juno.com
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Apr 24, 2009
                                    Hello Traci,
                                    My name is Ann H. Rountree. I canhelp maybe with your Rountree and Roberts questions?

                                    Get a degree in computer sciences. Find a school near you.
                                    http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTEfdRi3UcumS7SnBS8LOpqriw6dTqjL5mND1LlfT0dVGphqK9xdWw/