NY research

  • trailberner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2005
      Can anyone tell me what would be the BEST way to take my Dutchess
      County, NY research to the next level? I have exhausted all internet
      sources, and reached some conclusions based on census records, now I
      need to locate birth, marriage, and death records, look for wills or
      deeds, church records - whatever - to prove or disprove my findings,
      and to extend my family trees.
      Would I be better served to:
      1) Travel to Dutchess County,
      2) Travel to Manhattan to the NY Genealogical and Biographical
      society, or
      3)Write to county or town officials for records.

      NY seems to be the most difficult place to do research - I would
      appreciate pointers from anyone with experience there.

      Pauline Merrick
      Brookfield, MA

      Dutchess county surnames - Cole, Woodin, Sypher, Allen
    • barbara erickson