Re: [Genealogy Research Club] question

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hi Bev, try looking up the original form on the Social Sec, the parents names are listed. If you know what town your people came from go to the message board and see if anyone can help you or may be looking for the same person. If you go on cyndislist.com there is a listing for Hungary.

      Barb

      froglover1967 <froglover1967@...> wrote:

      With the help of so many wonderful people on so many lists I have a
      bit of information now on my moms side.

      I have learned that my mom Elizabeth (Berkey) Vanderhoof was born in
      PA and my Grandparents Joseph Berkey, JR. and Teresa (Rist) Berkey
      were also born in PA. I learned that my great grandparents Joseph
      Berkey, Sr. and Agness (?) Berkey as well as Paul Rist and Mary (?)
      Rist came over from Hungary about 1907. Their parents were born in
      Hungary. I do not have names for them.

      Now my question is: How do I find out any further information for my
      great grandparents that came over from Hungary. Like who their
      parents were, what their maiden names were, where they came from in
      Hungary, etc....

      I have checked the Ellis Island site and have not had any luck. Not
      sure if their names were changed or what. Any help you can give me
      would be greatly appreciated. I am at a loss as to what to do now.
      Thank you so much.

      Beverly

    • pennpally
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 14, 2009
        Thank you for your responses. I just saw them. I still don't get the messages in my regular email, but I just found that I can see messages when I go to the group and click on the messages link. This is different from the other groups, as I get messages from other groups in my regular email screen.

        Thanks,

        Sharon
      • circa_1948
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 15, 2009
          that is odd. I assume you have checked your settings to receive in email and SAVED the preference before leaving the page? Maybe the moderator can take a look. Are you sure your email program isn't filtering them out as spam to delete or put in bulk folder?
          If you have a sep spam program make sure the group's email address is 'allowed'.
          That's all I can think of.

          {Moderator has already checked to make sure she is listed as recieving individual emails and she is. Nothing else I can do from this end. This part in brackets is from the moderator.}