Chattanooga-Hamilton Library

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 28, 2004
      I to would like the web address of the library. Not what to do when I
      get there. Thanks Ron, Everett,WA.
    • Lois Edwards
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 31, 2004
        I go to Google search engine. I type in Chattanooga
        Hamilton TN Library. It comes up immediately and I
        click on it. It is meant for patrons of that library.
        You are supposed to have a Library Card. I never use a
        web address, key words are so much easier. If you
        can't find it, I am sorry. Here in Texas, we got a
        grant and our library here uses the Library of Texas.
        it has Heritage Quest online. You do have to have a
        login and password here.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/0csqlB/TM

        > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
        > at Ancestry.Com

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • angela houze
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2005
          To whoever is lookin' for this link, Lois knows what she's talkin' about. I've gotten alot of info. from this site. I'm in Indiana, so I know it'll let you access it from here, at least.

          Lois Edwards <loisedwards1946@...> wrote:I go to Google search engine. I type in Chattanooga
          --- Ron <ab678010@...> wrote:

          > I to would like the web address of the library. Not
          > what to do when I
          > get there. Thanks Ron, Everett,WA.

          > --------------------~-->

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/0csqlB/TM

          > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
          > at Ancestry.Com

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

        • Faye Parker
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2005
            http://heritagequestonline.com works fine for research

            "You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at the same time."
            "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
            "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

            by Lazarus Long

            I am a proud member of the IBSSG

          • John P McCue
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2005
              How do you get a username for this website?

            • Back2rRoots@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
                you dont need one when you hit access from home and it will ask for card
                number and you hit cancel...it will tell you invalid card number.... then click ok
                and it will take you to them information

              • angela houze
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
                  I'm not quite sure you obtain a username for this site. A very nice lady in Texas directed me to this site.... When it asks for your card #, you type in guest and it'll pop up, invalid card #, hit enter and there you are.... Hope this helps.....

                  John P McCue <iamfamous@...> wrote:How do you get a username for this website?

                  <fairplay51@...> writes:

                  > http://heritagequestonline.com works fine for research
                  >

                  > "You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on
                  > having both at the same time."
                  > "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                  > "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
                  >
                  > by Lazarus Long
                  >
                  > I am a proud member of the IBSSG

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                • L@nice
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
                    I'm not following either.........when I click to view Search
                    Census.....there is a box for User Name and a Box for Password, nothing
                    about a card #.
                    Confusing.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
                        If there is an information button I do not see it. It keeps asking for username and password. Here is what I get.
                        Login Required
                        To access HeritageQuest Online, please enter your username and password.
                        Username [input] [input] Password [input] [input] Heritage Quest Online is available to users of authorized institutions or to individuals using a username and password. If you believe you should be able to access HQO but you do not have a username, there may be an issue with the authentication procedures. The diagnostic information below is available to help your administrator isolate any possible problems. Diagnostic InformationIP Address68.41.253.188Referring URL http://heritagequestonline.com/BrowserMozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; MyIE2) [input]

                        Faye Parker <fairplay51@...> wrote:
                        You don't need one, just hit the information button

                        "You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at the same time."
                        "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                        "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

                        by Lazarus Long

                        I am a proud member of the IBSSG

                        Lois