Spillman/Spilman

  • rigg_family
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2004
      I am looking for George Washington Spillman he was married twice. The
      second was to Lena G. Darnell on June 30, 1897 in Indiana. They had
      seven
      children. I found a record that says George's father is Chesterfield
      and mother is Sarah Gilpin.
      I have found George and Lena on the 1900, 1910, and 1920 census.
      George was on the 1920 census but passed sometime in the 1920's
      because in 1930 Lena is living in California as a widow.

      Where and when did George pass?

      Does anyone have any information on this family? They might be
      George's
      parents.
      I think that C.C. Spillman is Chester or Chesterfield.

      Title: Index to Marriage Records 1846-1920 Inclusive Volume III
      Letters G - H Inclusive
      Record Location: Vanderburgh County, Indiana
      W. P. A. Original Record Located: County Clerk's Office
      Evansville Compiled by Indiana Works Progress Administration 1939
      Spouse 1: Sarah Jane Gilpin
      Spouse 2: C C Spillman
      Marriage Date: 11 May 1857
      County: Vanderburgh
      Book: 3
      Original Source Page: 317

      Can anyone help me with this? George Washington Spillman is my
      Great Great grandfather and no one in the family has any information.
      Thank you for your time
      Tonnya
    • Joe
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2004
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "rigg_family"
        <rigg_family@y...> wrote:

        > I am looking for George Washington Spillman he was married twice.
        The
        > second was to Lena G. Darnell on June 30, 1897 in Indiana. They had
        > seven
        > children. I found a record that says George's father is Chesterfield
        > and mother is Sarah Gilpin.
        > I have found George and Lena on the 1900, 1910, and 1920 census.
        > George was on the 1920 census but passed sometime in the 1920's
        > because in 1930 Lena is living in California as a widow.
        >
        > Where and when did George pass?
        >
        > Does anyone have any information on this family? They might be
        > George's
        > parents.
        > I think that C.C. Spillman is Chester or Chesterfield.
        >
        > Title: Index to Marriage Records 1846-1920 Inclusive Volume III
        > Letters G - H Inclusive
        > Record Location: Vanderburgh County, Indiana
        > W. P. A. Original Record Located: County Clerk's Office
        > Evansville Compiled by Indiana Works Progress Administration 1939
        > Spouse 1: Sarah Jane Gilpin
        > Spouse 2: C C Spillman
        > Marriage Date: 11 May 1857
        > County: Vanderburgh
        > Book: 3
        > Original Source Page: 317
        >
        > Can anyone help me with this? George Washington Spillman is my
        > Great Great grandfather and no one in the family has any
        information.
        > Thank you for your time
        > Tonnya

        There is Geo W. Spillman on the 1870 census in Posey County living
        with Samuel Spillman 1870,INDIANA,POSEY,ROBB TWP
        Series: M593 Roll: 352 Page: 389 , Geo w. is listed as 4 years
        old
        , He is also listed on the 1880 Source Information:
        Census Place Robb, Posey, Indiana
        Family History Library Film 1254305
        NA Film Number T9-0305
        Page Number 209A in samuel spillman's as 14 yrs old, In the
        1900, 1910,and 1920 if George is the family listed with wife Lena he
        must be unsure of the birth of his parents as they are listed
        different in each census Hope This helps