RE: [Genealogy Research Club] census records etc.

  • Greg Carroll
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 26, 2004
      Hello Chris,

      You can try census-online.com, also you can try familysearch.org &
      rootsweb.com. If you are a beginner, you can go to about.com, and search
      genealogy. Good Luck.

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 26, 2004
        www.familysearch.org
        I found my Swedish ancestors there, that is the best free site that I know of...good luck!

        Chris Bergman <chris.bergman@...> wrote:
        I'm new to the group and know next to nothing about family searches! Does anyone know of free census web sites? The family names that I need are Bergmann, Bergman, and Kelley. The states are Minnesota. Wisconsin, and Iowa.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        .

      • Forrest G Plumstead
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 27, 2004
          Try these:

          http://www.rootsweb.com/~cenfiles/

          http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/cen_img.htm

          http://www.us-census.org/

          Forrest Plumstead
          Plumstead Family Website http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/
          Volunteer The USGenWeb Census Project

          On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:28:00 -0800 "Chris Bergman"
          <chris.bergman@...> writes:

          I'm new to the group and know next to nothing about family searches!
          Does anyone know of free census web sites? The family names that I need
          are Bergmann, Bergman, and Kelley. The states are Minnesota. Wisconsin,
          and Iowa.

        • Joan L. Asche
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 29, 2004
            There is also:

            http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/usa/WI/misc.html#WI-CENSUS-LOOKUP

            http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/usa/IA/misc.html#IA-CENSUS-LOOKUP

            http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/usa/MN/misc.html#MN-CENSUS-LOOKUP

            Forrest G Plumstead wrote on 11/27/2004, 9:49 PM:

            > Try these:
            >
            > http://www.rootsweb.com/~cenfiles/
            >
            > http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/cen_img.htm
            >
            > http://www.us-census.org/
            >
            > Forrest Plumstead
            > Plumstead Family Website http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/
            > Volunteer The USGenWeb Census Project
            >

            > On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:28:00 -0800 "Chris Bergman"
            > <chris.bergman@...> writes:
            >
            > I'm new to the group and know next to nothing about family searches!
            > Does anyone know of free census web sites? The family names that I need
            > are Bergmann, Bergman, and Kelley. The states are Minnesota. Wisconsin,
            > and Iowa.

            > Juno Platinum $9.95. Juno SpeedBand $14.95.
            > Sign up for Juno Today at http://www.juno.com!
            > Look for special offers at Best Buy stores.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Gina & Amber
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 22, 2004
              Could you give us the web address for Chattanoga Hamilton Co
              Library. I googled it but to no avail. Thanks!!!

              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Lois Edwards
              <loisedwards1946@y...> wrote:
              > Go to Chattanoga Hamilton Co Library click genealogy,
              > they will ask for your library number, type in guest.
              > It will say not a valid number, Click ok then you are
              > in. This works for me. Lois
            • Cynthia C Badger
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 27, 2004
                http://www.lib.chattanooga.gov/localHist/guide.html

                cyndi

              • Faye Parker
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 29, 2004
                  www.genealogybuff.com

                  "You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at the same time."
                  "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                  "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

                  by Lazarus Long

                  I am a proud member of the IBSSG