census records etc.

  • Chris Bergman
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 24, 2004
      I'm new to the group and know next to nothing about family searches! Does anyone know of free census web sites? The family names that I need are Bergmann, Bergman, and Kelley. The states are Minnesota. Wisconsin, and Iowa.

    • Greg Carroll
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 26, 2004
        Hello Chris,

        You can try census-online.com, also you can try familysearch.org &
        rootsweb.com. If you are a beginner, you can go to about.com, and search
        genealogy. Good Luck.

        I'm new to the group and know next to nothing about family searches! Does
        anyone know of free census web sites? The family names that I need are
        Bergmann, Bergman, and Kelley. The states are Minnesota. Wisconsin, and
        Iowa.

        <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        click here
        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1296gkl0b/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705690932:HM/EXP=1101562592/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.
        netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        e>

      • Karla Gayle Greer
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 26, 2004
          www.familysearch.org
          I found my Swedish ancestors there, that is the best free site that I know of...good luck!

          Chris Bergman <chris.bergman@...> wrote:
          I'm new to the group and know next to nothing about family searches! Does anyone know of free census web sites? The family names that I need are Bergmann, Bergman, and Kelley. The states are Minnesota. Wisconsin, and Iowa.

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          .

        • Lois Edwards
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 26, 2004
            Go to Chattanoga Hamilton Co Library click genealogy,
            they will ask for your library number, type in guest.
            It will say not a valid number, Click ok then you are
            in. This works for me. Lois

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/0csqlB/TM

            > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
            > at Ancestry.Com

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
            http://my.yahoo.com
          • Forrest G Plumstead
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 27, 2004
              Try these:

              http://www.rootsweb.com/~cenfiles/

              http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/cen_img.htm

              http://www.us-census.org/

              Forrest Plumstead
              Plumstead Family Website http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/
              Volunteer The USGenWeb Census Project

              On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:28:00 -0800 "Chris Bergman"
              <chris.bergman@...> writes:

              I'm new to the group and know next to nothing about family searches!
              Does anyone know of free census web sites? The family names that I need
              are Bergmann, Bergman, and Kelley. The states are Minnesota. Wisconsin,
              and Iowa.

            • Joan L. Asche
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 29, 2004
                There is also:

                http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/usa/WI/misc.html#WI-CENSUS-LOOKUP

                http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/usa/IA/misc.html#IA-CENSUS-LOOKUP

                http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/usa/MN/misc.html#MN-CENSUS-LOOKUP

                Forrest G Plumstead wrote on 11/27/2004, 9:49 PM:

                > Try these:
                >
                > http://www.rootsweb.com/~cenfiles/
                >
                > http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/cen_img.htm
                >
                > http://www.us-census.org/
                >
                > Forrest Plumstead
                > Plumstead Family Website http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/
                > Volunteer The USGenWeb Census Project
                >

                > On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:28:00 -0800 "Chris Bergman"
                > <chris.bergman@...> writes:
                >
                > I'm new to the group and know next to nothing about family searches!
                > Does anyone know of free census web sites? The family names that I need
                > are Bergmann, Bergman, and Kelley. The states are Minnesota. Wisconsin,
                > and Iowa.

                > Juno Platinum $9.95. Juno SpeedBand $14.95.
                > Sign up for Juno Today at http://www.juno.com!
                > Look for special offers at Best Buy stores.

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Gina & Amber
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 22, 2004
                  Could you give us the web address for Chattanoga Hamilton Co
                  Library. I googled it but to no avail. Thanks!!!

                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Lois Edwards
                  <loisedwards1946@y...> wrote:
                  > Go to Chattanoga Hamilton Co Library click genealogy,
                  > they will ask for your library number, type in guest.
                  > It will say not a valid number, Click ok then you are
                  > in. This works for me. Lois
                • Cynthia C Badger
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 27, 2004
                    http://www.lib.chattanooga.gov/localHist/guide.html

                    cyndi

                  • Faye Parker
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 29, 2004
                      www.genealogybuff.com

                      "You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at the same time."
                      "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                      "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

                      by Lazarus Long

                      I am a proud member of the IBSSG