KOONCE / INGERSOL (L)

  • twiggy14604
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 15, 2004
      Hi. My mother and I are researching the Ingersoll family line and we
      have come upon a brick wall. We are looking for any information
      regarding a Charles Ingersoll. This Charles would have been married
      to Salina Koonce from Mercer County Pennsylvania and with her
      fathered a son name Harry S. Ingersoll born 1874. I hope you can
      help us.
      If you need more information, please don't hesitate to contact me.

      Amanda Ingersol
    • Lois Edwards
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 16, 2004
        Have you checked the census ? Lois

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/0csqlB/TM

        > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
        > at Ancestry.Com

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
        http://my.yahoo.com
      • twiggy14604
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 16, 2004
          Yes, we have access to census, ancestry, you name it. We still
          haven't been able to get around our brick wall. Please help!

          Amanda Ingersol
          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Lois Edwards

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 18, 2004
            Amanda,

            Have you checked the Rootsweb Surname mailing lists archives for shared data? Subscribe to the Surname mailing lists. You may even meet new realtives through the mailing lists (I found several cousins uning them and shared data).
            Another good place to look for information are the Counties (in which you ancestors lived) and the Surname Forums.

            Don

            <loisedwards1946@y...> wrote:
            > Have you checked the census ? Lois
            > --- twiggy14604 <twiggy14604@y...> wrote:
            >

            > > Hi. My mother and I are researching the Ingersoll
            > > family line and we
            > > have come upon a brick wall. We are looking for any
            > > information
            > > regarding a Charles Ingersoll. This Charles would
            > > have been married
            > > to Salina Koonce from Mercer County Pennsylvania and
            > > with her
            > > fathered a son name Harry S. Ingersoll born 1874. I
            > > hope you can
            > > help us.
            > > If you need more information, please don't hesitate
            > > to contact me.
            > >
            > > Amanda Ingersol

          • twiggy14604
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 19, 2004
              Don,

              Thanks for the reply. Yes, we have checked rootsweb and we have
              posted on several surname, state, ethnicity, etc forums. We are
              really looking for the marriage certificate between Salina Koonce
              and Charles Ingersol. However, we do not know what state they lived
              in or even what religion they practiced. We would also like Harry
              Ingersol's birth certificate. Since we do not know where to look,
              it makes this brick wall even more frustrating. We have come across
              a few of our relatives during our search but we are all stuck at the
              same brick wall. Hope you can help.