Re: [Genealogy Research Club] A novice.

  • Paul Thompson
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2004
      --- Hi
      Thanks for the reply. sorry it took so long to reply, I am in Germany
      on business. I am trying to resond via this method, never tried it
      before away from home!
      My father and his family are not morman, they are catholic.
      I have been on their site, in fact it was there where I was able to
      get their DOB. So I know the DOB, for both people, what ai dont know
      what to do is start going backwards!
      I live in the UK, so I dont know the laws or rules. I know if I
      request a bith certificate that I must offer some identification etc!?
      Paul

      In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa Abel"
      <melissa_abel@l...> wrote:
      > Wow...then I would say you probably lucked out. If his parents
      were born in Utah, I would assume they are Mormon. Have you heard of
      the Church of Latter-Day Saints? Part of their religious training
      involves detailing their family history. Utah was settled by the
      founder of the church, John Smith, in the late 1800s and the
      population is predominantly Mormon. Check out their family history
      website at www.familysearch.org. This is a free site. Click on the
      search tab and plug in their names in the various areas such as
      Ancestral File and see what you come up with. Even if they are not
      Mormon, it would be a good starting place. ....Melissa Abel

      UK
      > > in the 1950's. I only managed to find him last year and now we
      are
      > > very close. AAAH!
      > >
      > > Anyway, I would like to trace his family line back as far as I
      can,
      > > it would be great if I can find the detail back to the old world.
      > > think his roots are from Denmark and Ireland.
      > >
      > > The detail I have so far is that his parents were both born in
      Utah
      > > around about 1901-2.
      > >
      > > I would appreciate any advice as how I might proceed with this
      quest.

      > > Thanks.
      > >

      > --

      http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/defau